No power to motor or trim

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeff darway2

Reaction score
2001 Mercury 90hp 2 stroke on a 2001 Nitro 700LX

Was out in the water running great always started right up with no problems. Went to start it to head back into shoe and nothing. No clicking noise or anything. Thinking dead battery I switched batteries and still nothing. Everything else works, horn, lights, live well, bilge pump, fish finder. Trim will not work either now. Any ideas? No power to motor or trim.

Relay? Circuit breaker? Trace out the main power cables and see if there is one inline. More than likely, there is.

All the best,

Glenn

I would bet the harness connector under teh cowling came loose. reconnect and put a tie wrap around it to hold it securely

i'm not sure if the 2001's still have the mercury ****ch that blows a fuse if you attempt to start the motor if it's trimmed up to far?

if it has it there would be a red water proof fuse holder on the same side of the motor that the harness plugs in this would be a 30 amp fuse.

sometimes the mercury switch falls out of adjustment and needs to be repositioned so you dont keep blowing fuse's.

Latest posts

Back