No Easy Day

• Thread starter CQ Baker [URL]http://undertheradar.military.com/20
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sequence of events presented by Owen show that there was no intent to capture anyone living at the compound alive. Women and youngsters were killed during the raid. Bin Laden is shot at medium range without being fully ID

Uh rrrriiiiggghhtt!:rolleyes:

Remember the media said he was armed...NOT! They didn't even know it was him til' afterwords.

He poked his head out and BLAM!:eek:

My opinion is that what happened there should have been left there. I respect the Spec Ops guys more than you can imagine but this is one that should have been kept close to the vest.

fatrap

It is not surprising that the White House controlled and shaped this story from the beginning. After all, it may be Obama's crowning achievement. He absolutely wanted to make sure the public got a story that made him look awesome.

According to Obama anything negative that has happened in this country in the past 4-years has not been his fault. And anything positive, in his view, has been because of him. Every piece of information coming from his office has been spun and will continue to be spun in his favor until we as voters wake up and make a change.

The real issue with this book is that the story should have never came out in the first place. We should have been told that Osama was dead and that should have been it.

Unfortunately President Obama's ego got in the way and, because of the story his office released, the author of the book felt compelled to set the record straight.

We need change in Washington, and it is not his we need.

Special OPS should never be made public. I can't imagine putting my family's lives at stake by bringing this out. Obama will continue to damage this country and do so worse in the next four years. It's a wonder that "Doomsday Peppers" have their own TV program. A big oooorah! for the Spec ops guys though. They are the real deal.

fatrap

Well fellas, I am currently reading the book and only have 2 chapters left. Its an awesome read! It is not political at all. It dosen't matter what side of the isle your on, if you like to read about military actions, this book is for you!!!

I read the link posted earlier...It pisses me off to see that the website blasted the SEAL's real name. That is just unacceptable in my eyes.

But....does what makes a good read for you divulge info, tactics or procedures that put our troops in danger? How the military reviews intel, plans and executes missions may make for interesting reading but can give the enemy (whoever that may be) insight into our tactics. At the very least, the book should have been run through the proper channels and cleared to release to make sure it didn't divulge sensitive or classified information.

I have finished the book. It was an awesome read. Gripping and compelling. Really put you in the action. None of the information in this book was "of classified" or "top secret". In fact, all the info in this book was "of public record". He gives a list of confirming sources that proves the information that he gave in the book has already been public knowledge. He also hired a military lawyer to review all of the information given to make sure the info was ok to be released. He gives up no secrets in this book. He wrote the book to set the record straight. The said the story was told wrong and given a political spin. QUOTE--

"even the reporters who claimed to have the inside scoop got the story completely wrong."

The book claims that the people "in the know from DC" started leaking information as soon as the mission was completed. In just 4 hours it was known that the SEAL team were the ones who killed Binladin. None of the SEALS wanted the world to know it was them.-->could have been DELTA, SEALS, or any other special forces teams from all around the world. BUt in just 4 short hours, Washington confirmed it was the SEALs and told their version of the story.

Mark Owen just wants the people to know the real truth. He explains the reason for writing the book in the Epilogue.

In my opinion, the reason why its catching crap from the White house is because their is a small dig on the current administration. BUt, any administratrion would recieve the same treatment from the group of guys who just killed the ace of spades!

I thought it was an awesome book and sugest you read it and form your own opnion.

Latest posts

Back