1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nitro Z7

Thread in 'Boat Chat' started by Charlie Martin, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Charlie Martin

Charlie Martin Member

I made this inquiry in another thread, but thought I might get more feedback through a general post. I'm considering buying a Z7 Sport in the near future. I currently have a 2007Nitro 482. It doesn't handle as well as I would like. Does anyone have experience with the Z7 series? Are there any handling problems? Does the boat list either right or left on the hole shot or when coming off plane? Any problems that you have had that I should be aware of? I'd appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks! Charlie Martin

2. Lane_L_TX

Lane_L_TX New Member

I have a 2015 Z7 with a 175 Mercury. I love this rig! No problems...handles well except when on plane in rough water. No hole shot problems at all. I can have it on plane at 45 - 50 mph within about 3-5 seconds.

3. Kirby Wilson

Kirby Wilson Active Member

I have a Z7 try and get a 175 hp the 150 is a little under powered for this rig. Don't get me wrong it wil perform well just a little under powered for this boat.

4. Mike Lauzon

Mike Lauzon Member

I have a 2010 Z7 with a 200 optimax, the boat handles great. I start getting a little chine walk in the low 60's, but other than that it's perfect.

5. Charlie Martin

Charlie Martin Member

Thanks for the input to all who responded. I'm a little more confident now about my. Ext purchase. And Merry Christmas!

6. Aroldo Hernandez

Aroldo Hernandez Well-Known Member

Mine will do the same it want to turn left but I was told cause I don't have no power steering and I got used to it already it's 2005