nitro 175 sport livewell problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike daniels

Reaction score
Folks,

This is on a 2000 NITRO 175 sport

I just tried my livewell for the first time since I got the boat (used) and it didn't fill up. It only got about 1" of water from the bottom. The airator was still pumping water for the little PVC squirter but the water level didn't rise above an inch or so.

I tried the livewell switch on manual and on automatic. Still got unexpected results. on Automatic the livewell would run for a while then shut off. When it shut off the swuirter stopped and the water level went almost dry.

How is the livewell in the nitro 175 sport supposed to work? I expected ~6" of water.

What is the correct way to operate and or troubleshoot this livewell.

thanks

Did you insert the stand pipe? You should have a 12" (+/-) piece of PVC with a grommetted base that inserts into the drain fitting. When it fills past the level of the stand pipe it will drain through that pipe. Good luck and enjoy the new toy! ;)

My drain in the live well has a screen on it. The inlet comes in on the top of the live well with a 90 degree piece of PVC pipe that was a slot in the end to squirt the water.

I don't see a way to put piece of PVC in the drain of the livewell.

What is the difference between manual and automatic switch settings on the livewell?

Mike, does the 'inlet' PVC pull out/push in? If so, out is for pump out and in is for fill.

Just a thought....I have a 2004 PT185.

Mike, I have a 2001 Nitro Sport 175. I believe these boats ('o1 & '00) are identical for those years. They have 2 livewll controls. A pump switch that is on the dash (auto / manual) and an inlet control on the bulkhead by your throttle control (empty / auto).

You need to utilize both to operate your livewell properly. It sounds as though your dash switch is working fine. You must have the inlet control set to auto to keep the water in the livewell.

here's some pics.

Aerater 001.jpg
Aerater 002.jpg

Thats it!!! Thanks firedog.

I never even noticed that inlet control valve. It is set for empty.

So to run my livewell I set the (round) inlet control valve to auto and the livewell to auto?

What is the difference between auto and manual?

Does the bilge have anything to do with the live well operation?

by the way, what were the first two pictures? They don't show up.

Firedog to the rescue! I was thinking about the gravity drains on the Trackers. :wacko: Glad you found some fellas that knew what the Heck they were talking about! :D

Mike, yes to run the livewell set the (round) inlet control to auto.

The electrical switch (on dash) can either be auto or manual. If it is on auto, incoming water will cycle off and on. If it is on manual, incoming water will stay on. Either way excess water will go out the overflow.

The bilge is totaly seperate from the livewell operation. Assuming all plumbing is in proper working order.

The first two pictures were the same as those showing. I don't often post pics and made a boo boo. Also, sorry for the picture sizes.

Glad to help.

Thanks for the great info. We just bought a 2001 Nitro 175 sport and really appreciate all the help for another novice. Am having it serviced now, fuel lines, plugs, filters and carbs rebuilt, nice to see the pics, we will post some as soon as boat is back. Thanks to all.

Latest posts

Back