new tow vehicle

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
Just picked up my new tow vehicle yesterday. I traded the Silverado for an 00 Toyota Tundra. Man are these thing shard to get, seems like everyone I called on was sold. Local dealer had one left at another store and brought it in for me.

Very nice truck, I'm pretty happy overall. Doesn't have all the power options but I did get them to throw in the hitch and wiring harness for free (installed). Oh ya, got the V8 auto 4X4 access cab :)

Can't wait till friday to see how she tows!

Well bruce where are the pictures???

Ah, I'll take pics when I pick up the boat. That way I'll have the hole shootin match at one spot.

Congrats Bruce. I looked at those before i got my Dakota. In our area they they can be hard to find. Two years ago when i was looking the only two 4wd's in the whole state are at Boch toyota and he wanted 6 grand over sticker and would take no less so I left. Had I been able to find one in the price range I was willing to pay I may be driving one today. They area very nice driving truck for sure I really liked the one I drove. In a way im glad I ended up with the Dakota because of the larger back seat I have in the Quad Cab I have found to be very handy. The are much bigger and more comfortable then the access cab of the extended cab ones from Ford or Chevy its like what is in an suv but better because I still have a bed. At this point i dont think I would trade my Dakota for anything I like it that much. Its been very reialble and drives real nice too, its been a pretty good truck for me. You wont have any issues towing with that 4.7 motor thats for sure. My Dakota has a 4.7 with similar power to the Toyota's and it moves my 882 with ease, i really hardly know its back there.

One thing before you tow you should put around 500 miles on it to let everything wear in a bot before you tow. Take a look at your manual, they may want you to go 1000 miles.

Thanks Jim. No worries about breaking it in, it's got almost 48K on it LOL!

It does ride nice, shifts smooth, and has power throughout the rpm range. It's a bit smaller inside than my Chevy, but it's a cozy like small.

I got the dealer to throw in the hitch and wiring required, now I'm just waiting for them to install them... pick up the boat on Friday, it will be my first towing test.

Latest posts

Back