new state record

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
A new state record striped bass was caught at Bluestone Lake last week. It weighed in at 45.7 pounds. It was 16 pounds heavier and 6 inches longer than the old record. I will post a pic when they are published.

Eric

Eric you from WV? I'm currently in Afghanistan but live outside of Charleston. I was talking to my brother this morning and he stated that a new record flathead cat was caught below Winfield locks weighing 110 lbs and was 6'2" I'm trying to find some pictures. If you happen across any if it's ture, please let me know.

The old state record flathead was caught right below Pike Island on the Ohio River at Wheeling. It was also 72" if I remember correctly. I don't believe it weighed that much though. I'm originally from New Martinsville and my Dad grew up near Charleston at Elkview, Blue Creek, and then Ravenswood. Old home week! Fats95, watch your topknot over there and come back safe.

Scott

Yes, sir, Fats95...Im in St. Albans, 20 miles west of Charleston. Not a big catfish angler, but I know alot of guys that are who catch some whoppers around the locks in Winfield and in Marmet. Take care and be safe.

Eric

Latest posts

Back