New Muskie Record in Mich

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Check this out....New Michigan Record Great Lakes Muskie caught in Torch Lake... 50 lbs 8 ozs
1muskie.jpg

That is just an awesome fish!

That could go either way! It does look a little "strange", but there are some big fish here in MI. It could be just the way he's holding it. I haven't heard anything about a record fish yet from any other source.

Gene

I had heard that the fish was netted during a MDNR survey......

I will look for more info.

the gill was cut during the fight. he tried to revive it, but to no avail.

Yes it was caught (from everything I am reading).

The link above is actually a very extensive article... Just scroll through the 19 photos.... Cool stoiry about a very intense muskie fisherman...

Just looked through the whole thing. Definately the same kyle I knew that worked at Torch Lake Marina. They were an All Star Rod customer of mine and I met him when he was first getting started. He didnt own a car then and it seems he still doesnt. Drives the boat to work everyday the water is soft, and a snowmobile whne it isnt.

The guy is a fishing machine and fishes EVERYDAY for musky.

Great job, great photos too by Dave Rose.

He's got two hands on that monster and his forearm and bicep muscles are bulging! It looks photo shopped, I think anyway, just because that fish is so darn big! It is a shame it didn't live.:( What a gorgeous fish.

Uncle Billy

Mini you are correct it is Kyle who drives a forklift for the marina. My sons best friend lives across the lake from him and fishes with him everyday that they are at their cottage. He says it like you, he lives for fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

He even called Eric on Sunday after he caught the fish.

Randy

Back