Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oscar graf

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have just joined the site. Just purchased a 2010 Z-8 with a merc pro xs 225. Believe it or not, its cold down here in Alabama, so I have had the boat out once just to break in the motor. I am so glad I came across this site while poking around the e-net. I do have a couple of questions about my boat: When i am coming out of the whole, i have to let off the throttle a good bit or the motor will over-rev, and yes, the motor is in the full down trim position. This causes my whole shot to be VERY long. Im wondering if the motor is to high on the jack-plate? The dealer said the cav. plate shouldnt be over an inch above the bottom of the boat, which it is exactly at. Any Ideas? Also, and I know this question has been asked, where do i find nitro gear?

Welcome to the board! Can't answer your question but I am sure someone will. Great info here.

Do you fish Guntersville much?

Welcome!!!!! You are a lucky person.. You have found one great site. I cannot answer your question either, someone will be along shortly. I hope you enjoy your new boat, I know you will enjoy this site.

Bubby:)

Welcome aboard indeed. We must be the welcoming committee...the brains start replying after a hearty dose of us. :)

Sounds like your prop is blowing out (too much air). What kind of prop, and if it's a Mercury prop, what do you have in the PVS holes (Merc props have big holes drilled into the front part of the hub - they may be wide open, or may have PVS plugs installed, which are black and plastic, and come in a few different sizes. You may also just be too high on the transom. There are standard "starting points" for where to start, and some hulls will always run the best in a certain setup, but there's always one that likes it a bit higher or lower on the transom, so you may have to experiment. Id check your prop and report back what you have on there to us first. We can go from there.

All the best,

Glenn

Oh yeah - forgot to ask - what is your water pressure reading at wide open throttle and a decent cruising speed? What is your boat topping out at? (speed and RPM's)

All the best,

Glenn

Welcome to the NTOWS Oscar,....you'll love it here,..great people and excellent advice!

Welcome Oscar. Glenn hit it on the head for a starting point. Enjoy the boat!

Randy!

Welcome to our crazy little corner of the cyber world.

Oscar first off I am jealous, I only have a lowly Z7. For the setup there are several Z8 drivers on the Bass Boat Central Nitro board, so you may be able to get some setup help there. Tritonglenn covered it pretty well. Search prop to pad and you will determine how to measure that distance, that info along with the prop will get you going. Seems like 3.25" is a good starting point on the newer Nitros for the prop to pad.

I spend way too much time here and and on BBC, wish I could bill my time to someone for that!!

The Nitro website actually has gear on it now. I bought a hat through them and may have to buy some more swag this year.

Enjoy, that Z8 is on sweet platform.

Oh and welcome, good bunch on here.

Oscar, I don't have a Z8 but my fishing partner does and I just got off the phone with him. He is running a 25 fury with 3 holes plugged with the biggest plugs. The "prop shaft" is 3.5 inches below the pad. This boat runs 70plus and has a great hole shot. There are a couple of guys on here that have them and may be to help a little more. good luck.

Latest posts

Back