New Member & Brand Spankin New Nitro

• Thread starter BRANDON ONDRAKO [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well Gentlemen, I've been lurking around this website and message board for the last 2.5 months. I've been quite impressed with the enthusiasm and knowledge of all the participants. I hope I can rely on you guys for info when the need arises.

Well here is my story in brief. Temporarily relocated to the Twin Cities via Cincinnati, OH in October 2000 for a field assignment with my employment. Temporary became permanent in September 2001. Met a MN girl, moved in, got engaged April 2002, built a house and moved in October 2002, ordered boat March 26th, boat arrived 8 weeks later, instead of the 6 week ETA. Last summer went on a weekend trip to cabin on a lake with girlfriend & family. Friends of theirs had a few boats that we went on and I got the itch then. Getting hitched on Sunday. The future wife has been very supportive of me getting the boat. Had to make a few consolations though, she got a $1900 closet system in the master bedroom closet and I had a ladder put on the boat for water skiing & swimming.

The boat is a 2003 NX750DC. Options added were a keel guard, ladder, spare tire, and upgrade to 115HP ELPTO. After I closed on the boat at Marine Max, one of the salesmen went with me to take it for a test run once around a nearby lake. Steering pulled hard to the right, we adjusted the trim tab at the prop when we got back to the dealer. Took it out today on Long Lake to get a feel and hang of the boat's handling and maneuverability. And handled like a dream and dry as can be. The hole shot is as quick as can be expected for a boat and engine this size. The fastest I could get the speedo to read was 58 MPH, full tank of fuel, no gear and my 160lb frame. Well enough of the talk here are some pics I took when I got home after I cleaned her up. The first pic though is at the dealer getting rigged.
P5250013.JPG

Very nice boat... And, welcome... join in anytime and also ask any questions there are some very knowledgable people here

And then, there are those of us who just try to sound knowledgable!

Welcome aboard and Congratulations on the new wife, house, closet system AND boat!

me!

Smart man getting the boat BEFORE the wedding. Trade offs? She gets a closet system, you get a NITRO? LOL, great looking rig. Now let's see how easy it is to get the next one.......and what THOSE tradeoffs will be!!

Welcome

TOXIC

Sweet boat and sounds like your bride is a keeper too!! Welcome to the site.

Bob G.

Welcome Brandon! That's a sharp lookin rig ya' got there..I have to say I went to BPS Tuesday morning(extended weekend) and stocked up on a few sale items and had to stop and look at the new 750 and was quite impressed for a 17 ft.rig. I definitely liked the layout of the dual console..my wife liked it too. I'm still partial to that Avalanche....it's just huge and built like a tank.

I'm sure your Nitro will supply you with years of fun and fishin'....

TEE

Very nice rig. Congratulations on the gal, boat and everything else. Those kinds of trades are the best kind (closet system for boat w/ladder). Anyday!

Tex

Someone told me to get a new car for my wife...and I thought..What a Trade!

TEE

Welcome, there are some good folks here. Have not met them all but have talked to lots on the site, and a few of them came down to the largemouth bass capital of the world here in EAST TEXAS this past April. Good looking rig. my favorite colors. lots of white.

Congrats, new wife and and new rig. Take care of both of them and they will make you happy for a long time. KENNY

Wecome aboard Brandon,always glad to see another Minnesotan on the board.Hope you'll stick around awhile.Pretty soon we'll have enough members from MN. to have a regional rally ! Nice boat.

Mark, (woodbury mn.)

Welcome Brandon. Great Looking boat for a "glass" rig!! You're all set now: House, Wife, Boat, Truck!! Now just wait for the kids!! LOL

Enjoy and welcome to the BEST site in cyberspace Bar NONE!!!

I really like that color scheme. Nice boat. Welcome to our other life. Have fun!

Harpo

congrats on the new boat! looks awesome. sure you will enjoy it.

can you get me a picture of the ladder on the back? i would like to see how it mounted and how it looks. is it removeable from the boat if you aren't planning on using it? wife/kids sure would like one on our nx 882. thanks!

you might want to extend your transome saver to get you lower unit a little higher while in transit. although mine never hit the ground, it was pretty low like yours and i extended the transome saver a couple of bolt holes to raise it up some.

tight lines,

bryan

Hey Brandon,

Nice Ride!! I like the colors. Smart move on the motor upgrade. Welcome to the board.

Marke

What's this "Gentleman" crap??? I see this one needs some breakin' in. :)

Welcome and nice boat!

Easy Teri. Remember, he's a newly wed. His wife still needs time to mold him into shape. Notice the pics of his boat, at least he puts the seat down....LOL

Marke

Welcome, and congrats on everything!!

Nice looking boat there, enjoy! egMike

Welcome Brandon!!! I have the same setup a 2003 NX 750 DC with the 115. I had the same pull to the right and a trim tab adjustment will help but not solve that pull. You need to upgrade to NFB steering and you'll be tickled by the improvement. All that needs to be changed is the helm and bezel. Good Luck with both new ladies.

Brandon,welcome aboard,best info on tracker and nitro rigs you'll ever find.Nice lookin rig,I'm sure all of you will enjoy it.If your not fishin weedy lakes might want to change TM prop to a 2 blade prop,more speed.I had the 115 on a 1999 700LX and was able to get 60 mph so what your getting is about right <")))))<<

Welcome aboard and if you only new how good that boat would look behind my truck..

BF

Nice boat Brandon, I know your proud of it. Welcome to our site. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

What a ride and welcome, May I suggest a gatormount though

I had a 700 lx for a year and a half and had to put one on two months in, It sure helps ya do not want stress cracks up there. When you do it have it threw bolted, I forget the proper terminolgy I have the shop do that!! HAR

Sweet ride enjoy!! Congrats on the Marriage.

Mark

Just want to thank you guys for all the nice compliments, comments, and best wishes. I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning from all of you. For the record there is an engagement pic of the newlyweds to be in My Library. Thanks again

Nice boat pics, but the engagement pic is borderline sappy!!! LOL. Did she "make" you do it?? Just kidding ya!

Bob G.

nice boat!welcome to the board. congrats on the new boat,house, and wife!Steve ><}}}}'>

Latest posts

Back