New Ky boat launch fee

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Brooks

Reaction score
The state of Kentucky will be real popular with the new Ky State Resort Park launch fee. I'm still trying to figure out what state resort parks the new 2006 rules are talking about but the annual fee is $30 for res and $50 for non-res. I'm sure there will be plenty of conservation officers watching and ticketing for not having a sticker. This is just another tax that you will have to put up with if you want to launch from a state ramp. Does any body know any further information or a web site you can read about this mess; it is vague at best?

They've been doing it for a few years in Tenn....it is a hassle:(

here you go. From the KY State Parks website"

"2006 Launch Rates

Launch fees for 2006 are $3 per day or boaters can buy an annual pass for $50. Kentucky residents receive a $20 discount. A discount of 50% is offered for additional passes issued to the same licensed boater. Daily fees will be collected through honor boxes installed at the boat ramps. Boaters will take an envelope from the box, fill it out with the current date and other information, enclose the money, and tear off a sticker to be displayed on the dashboard of the towing vehicle. Annual pass information is listed below.

Boat Ramp Passes can be used at the following lakes: Barren River Lake, Buckhorn Lake, Dale Hollow Lake, Dewey Lake, Grayson Lake, Green River Lake, Lake Cumberland, Nolin Lake, Paintsville Lake, Rough River Lake, Taylorsville Lake, and Yatesville Lake.

Annual passes can be purchased securely online at the Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources eCommerce web site.

Passes can also be purchased at the locations below.

Boat Ramp Launch Pass Contact Information:

Barren River State Resort Park

Marina Ramp

Annual pass sold at Front Desk

Phone: 270-646-2151

Toll Free: 800-325-0057

Buckhorn Lake State Resort Park

Marina Ramp

Annual pass sold at Marina

Phone: 606-398-7510

Toll Free: 800-325-0058

Dale Hollow Lake State Resort Park

Marina Ramp

Phone: 270-433-7431

Toll Free: 800-325-2282

General Burnside Island State Park

Public Ramp

Annual pass sold at Business Office

Phone: 606-561-4104

Grayson Lake State Park

Bruin Ramp

Phone: 606-474-9727

Green River State Park

Marina Ramp, Public Ramp

Phone: 270-465-8255

Jenny Wiley State Resort Park

Marina Ramp, Terry Ramp

Public Swimming Pool Ramp

Phone: 606-886-2711

Toll Free: 800-325-0142

Lake Cumberland State Resort Park

Public Ramp

Phone:270-343-3111

Toll Free:800-325-1709

Nolin Lake State Park

Public Ramp

Phone: 270-286-4240 Paintsville Lake

Public Ramp

606-297-8486

Rough River Dam State Resort Park

Marina Ramp

Phone: 270-257-2311

Toll Free: 800-325-1713

Taylorsville Lake State Park

Settler

We have had launch fees in Michigan for as long as I have been boating.

We have three types of launches, Metro Park Owned, Michigan State Parks and Michigan DNR access sites. You can pay by the day or you can buy all 3 annual stickers.

The Metro Park sticker is for your boat only. You need one for your vehicle too. Total cost (2005 prices) $20 for the boat + $24 for the vehicle = $44.00.

Michigan State Parks have one sticker and is usually $25.00.

DNR access sites are usually $24.00.

$44.00

$24.00

$24.00

$92.00 to launch a boat for a year.......or you can pay by the day.....

Metro Park $6/day for vehicle $4/day for boat.

State Park $4/day

DNR Access $6/day....

I wont even begin about how much it costs in licenses to fish all of Lake St Clair!

Mini

Up until this year i've only had to deal with 1 annual sticker, a US Corp pass for something like $30, and it got me into all the Lanier and Allatoona lakes plus ANY US Corp ramps in the us. BUT, a few years ago the Corp sold one of my Lanier ramps, Mary Alice Park, to Gwinette county, so if I wanted to use that ramp i'd need another sticker, and now the Corp has sold 2 of Allatoona ramps (Fields landing a few years ago and NOW my closest one Little River/Cherokee Mills) to Cherokee County, which means ANOTHER sticker (they are grandfathering in the use of the Corp pass for this year only), plus the winter ramp we use for Stripers (Red Top Mountain State Park) requires ANOTHER sticker for GA State parks.

So next year i'll probably have to buy the COrp and Cherokee county passes, and pay the $2 a shot for the 3-4 times we use Red Top Mountain in the winter.

Vermont state boat ramps are paid for by fees from the sale of hunting and fising licenses from the Fish and Wildlife Dept and are free to use. Vermont hasn't figured out how to make the pleasure boaters and other non-licensed users to pay their way.. Oh well.....someone has to get a free ride....it's the Democrat way!! LOL!!

Bob G.

There are NO public launch sites on Lake Anna. We used to have one, but the Bubba's ruin it for everyone by tearing everything up and just leaving it a mess. Our Game and Inland Fisheries decided not to lease the facility any more and just shut it down. All launch facilities are privage marinas who charge $5-7 per day or a season pass for around $120.