New Info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Walker

Reaction score
Connected new battery and have 13.6 volts at solenoid and ignition switch. Checked 20 amp fuse above starter, its good..turn power on, engine still wont crank, and all gauges including voltage gauge do not work. Battery voltage stayed at 13.6 volts...:( Power/trim works, running lights work, bilge pump works...Used pull rope to check compression. all cylinders read the same + or - 1 or 2. Dont know if its neutral safety switch...solenoid.???? Again, any and all help is appreciated...B

Typically there is a fuse under the cowling of most outboard motors which protects against over-current in branch circuits from the main battery cable. Plus mine has another fuse block under the cowling also.

You may be on to something with the neutral safety switch. I read your other post, I didn't see where you checked the kill switch.

I see that you would like to purchase this boat. Why not have the owner make it run?

I just had a similiar thing with my NX882. Brought it to the shop, the first theory was the neutral safety switch wasn't engaging or disengaging all the way, replaced the shift cable, did the same thing, ended up being a short in the tether safety switch. Runs like a champ now!!

Latest posts

Back