My Son is now a member of the US Army

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Hey All...

Some of you may remember that my oldest son, Greg, 'almost' went into the Marines a couple years ago...he broke his wrist during a Delayed Entry Program weekend activity and was "medically discharged." Well...he was enrolled at Ferris State College taking the Pharmacy Program and just didn't like it.... He's a very smart kid...Pharmacy just wasn't his bag....

He's been pursuing the Army for the last 3 or 4 months...It took about that long for his medical clearance...He's been fully approved...He's going into the Intelligence Field.

He "Took the Pledge" this morning in Lansing.

He ships out for Basic Training in less than 2 weeks...

We're both very proud of him, but his Mother is a wreck!!!

az

I am sure that his mother is proud as well as being motherly...

Tell him thanks from all of us here...

He is in my thoughts and prayers...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! As an Air Force vet it's comforting to know that we still have some young men and women who will do the duty as we did. I'll pray for him as I pray for them all.

You can be proud of your son.

Barry from La.:)

Tell your son thank you for his service. He can never know how much we appreciate what he is doing.

U.S.Army..way to go..I went that route......Never looked back...JR:D

A big "hat's off" from me. He's a brave man, and you deserve to be very proud of him.

Steve

Andy, what a brave young man. Please tell him we are all proud of him.

Bubby

Basic then Ft. Huachuca, AZ. here he comes. It will be ruff at first for him but things get a whole lot easier once he's out of Basic Training and starts his AIT Basic MOS Training.

Tell him thanks for his service. SFC (Senior Military Intelligence Analyst) Retired.;)

Andy, tell your son we are all very proud of him and God Bless. Tell him to listen to his instructors and take to heart everything they say. Where is he going for Basic?

Uncle Billy

That's awesome Andy!! Congrats to your son,....i bet with his new "do" your wife won't be able to tell you two apart!!:rolleyes::p

Mac

Thanks everyone...I'll pass your best wishes along to Greg...

Uncle Billy - He'll be going to Basic Training at Ft. Jackson in N. (i think) Carolina.

His AIT will be in Pensacola, FL...

Mac - he's had his 'do' high and tight for several years already!

az

Tell'em thanks for his service , Now days its the select few that make the differance.

My son , although a Marine he has spent all of his time in Iraq with a special detachment of Army, Air Force and Navy as well as the Iraqi army. He is the only Marine .

May God watchover and protect each and everyone of them.

Mark

Andy, Congrats and pass it on also to your son. I've got 21 1/2 years and still going, CW3 down at Fort Stewart. I'm familiar with the MI guys and if your son needs anything I can do from down south, lemme know. GO ARMY!

Jim (Chief)

God Bless him andyour family Andy.

I work everyday now with the soldiers in mind.

Mini

Latest posts

Back