My Dash

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Nelson

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2005 640lx, my dash is a bit faded and gone chalky. I have tried different plastic restorers but nothing really works. I am thinking of getting it painted in 2pac. What color should i go White, Black?

Anyone painted theirs?

Mequires has a product to restore faded black plastic parts that works pretty good. If you are set on repainting? What color works best with your boat? White absorbs less heat and reflects more light than black?

BF

Mothers "Back to Black" is a good product. May take a few applications but it will work and it has a UV inhibitor in it. Otherwise there is a product for painting vinyl car bumpers that would also work but it is a paint and over time I am afraid (as with all paints) it would flake off.

TOXIC

If the gator skin doesn't work out (which would look AWESOME BTW!! :D ), I've seen a dash where a fella repainted it with black vinyl tool dip. You can get it in an aerosol or a liguid in a can. I was very surprised how "factory" it looked. Good luck! ;)

I agree with Back to Black. I used it on mine and am very pleased with the result. Even my wife noticed it right off.

Latest posts

Back