Mr Bimini top TrepMan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Flattem

Reaction score
I was really impressed with the bimini top addition to your boat...I pointed to a similar top last weekend on the way home from the lake...my wife kind of liked the idea, and was really impressed seeing the pic of your boat (we have a 16' deep v sc). She thought the price was reasonable.

We are both really concerned about the dangers of exposure to the sun (she had a very bad reaction to intense sun [and her meds] last Feb when we were in Cancun. We now wear Columbia or similar SPF 40 shirts when fishing.

She is wondering if you have fished with the top up, trolling, casting, etc.

Thanks for the information

Steve - Thanks! My wife LOVES it and everytime we go out she says "Why didn't I let you get this 3 years AGO!!!"

Do a search for "Bimini" on this site and you'll see a lot of my comments.

For under $150 delivered to my door from BPS I could not beat the price.

I've run the boat at WOT (30-31mph) with the top up with no problems, no tears or bends. Fishing is easy (casting) up front but difficult from the rear deck. You basicaly have only about 1/4 the casting space. I have used it for Trolling for Stripers with it up, no problems Mate!

My wife bought the Columbia SPF shirt and Hat (my JarJar Hat as the gang around hear call it LOL) but loves the top and can sit under it most of the day nice and shady!

Trep

Hey Trepper!

I went ot your library and didn't see the top folded down.

Do you take it down completely when not used or is self cloaking????

I might get one instead of using that dumb beach umbrella.

Richard

Richard - I did get ahold of a Cloaking device from my local Klingon parts store!!! LOL

I'm uploading the picture to my PC as we speak, will post in a few minutes.

Live Long and Prosper - Said the Vulcan to the Klingon!!

OK here is one pic...
top%20down%201.jpg

Here is a side view...

For trailering I just wrap the 2 straps (as you can see in the picture) around the folded top and attach them both on each side to the rear clip holder (which when up holds the back straps on each side, and matching sets up front).

Richard - I also take it off when necessary. Rich and I fished the river this past saturday and knowing he'd want all the casting space I took it off. I have 2 cleavis pins (as opposed to the typical Beavis and Butthead pins LOL) one on each side and the top just lifts off and I set it on the top of a shelving unit when not in use.
top%20down%202.jpg

Steve,

I also like my top. I have pix with it up and it works great during the prime sun times. Too early or late in the day and I am shading the water beside the boat! Casting from the back is possible, you just have to be more aware of what you are doing. No problems trolling, but with my set up, If it is a large pike or musky, I have to go to the rear platform to land the fish.

Rich D

Hey Trep love the boat.. got a question for U.. U said that fish stripers, do you take your boat out into a bay or the sea???If so who does it handle?? Dying to know I live in Mass and striper fishing here is good and that would be great if I can kill two birds with on shotgun shell...

XMYTRUCK, these are Freshwater Stripers! I'd LOVE to bay fish, that's what I miss the most having lived my first 4 married (and fishing) years in Houston! I have seen (on www.boattraderonline.com) a pro-crappie with a galvanized trailer custom set up with a polling platorm specifically marketed as a "bay and flats boat"! I think this boat would be perfect! You sit low enough driving and on the rear deck (2 mounting holes for the seat) to troll and the front deck is low enough to be stable sitting in a breeze chop. I just wish i'd taken the deal that BPS offered me and got the Galvanized trailer 3 years ago. But when my 5 year extended warranty is up, i'm putting a Hydrofoil on and heading to Savanah for bayfishing! I'll wash the boat/motor/trailer thouroghly after each trip, and if I need a new trailer a few years down the line, so be it.

Trep

Sounds like a plan too me..:)

My buddy has a Grizzly CC and always takes it out in Boston harbor, he says it handles really well when it does get choppy..

Does taken your boat in a bay effect the warranty?

I have a 5 year extended warranty from Tracker, they offer a "saltwater" option so with my warranty Salt Water would void any claims caused by corrosion. So, i'm playing it safe. Heck the only boat I used in Galveston bay was a 14ft john boat with a 5hp Mariner! used it for 5 years afte Texas here in GA with nary a problem or corosion visable. Granted while I had lights, fish finders and a livewell they were all custom added by me and I kept all the contacts clean.

I heard from a TV18 owners on this site earlier this year where we was having problems with warranty claims of corrosion due to salt water use even though the dealer TESTED the boat on salt water for the buyer!!

I always play it better safe then sorry, i'd ask up front and get it in writing if they say it's OK to use in Salt Water - They being Tracker NOT the dealer, 'cause if there IS a problem while you deal with the dealer he/she has to deal with Tracker.

Just my 2 cents!

Latest posts

Back