Mercury Prop Question...Bob???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Wolfgram

Reaction score
Hey Bob,

I've got a 200 opti with a 24p tempest plus ss prop. I purchased a used 24p trophy plus unseen (first mistake). When I went to swap the props, I noticed that the hub and actual dia. of the trophy was smaller than the tempest. Needless to say, I put the tempest back on. The hub dia of my tempest is 4 1/2", the trophy is only 4". Does this make any difference or do I have the wrong size prop. The guy I bought it from had a 150 opti, and said that it would fit my 200. The splines are ok, just doesn't look right.

Thanks,

Matt

When you add a blade the diameter must be smaller because of total blade area. Mercury has interchangable prop pitches between the different prop types. The small hub Trophy vents exhaust around the outside of the hub for great hole shots. The Tempest vents exhaust through the hub and for the hole shot thru the vent holes. All V6 Mercs are 15 spline shafts.

That is correct. The Trophy prop has a smaller diameter AND hub {over and through hub exhaust}, than the Tempest. Give it a go.....

On my Z7/200 the venting around the Trophy was too much even with solid plugs in the PVS holes. They make a plastic ring that snaps onto the prop to close the gap if it is too much venting, then you can tune the PVS plugs for the best holeshot.

Thanks guys, will definetly give it a shot. The prop I got didn't come with any of the thrust washers or lock washer and nut, just the flow torque. Is that an issue?? or, can I use the existing washers from my tempest set-up??

Cheers,

Matt

Latest posts

Back