Merc 115 Pro XS oil

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hunter

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've searched the forums but I can't find an answer to my question .... which is this: Where do you find the best price on Mercury/Quicksilver DFI oil? (for my 2011 Mercury 115 Pro XS)

West Marine in Raleigh is $42.99/Gal (silver jug) and they also have a blue jug with DFI in big letters for $29.59/Gal.

MertenMarine (online) is $32.64/Gal for the "real" Mercury branded black jug stuff but s/h for 3 gallons is $21.68. (or $78.76 for one 2.5 gallon jug plus $18.75 s/h).

I'm confused and feeling a little bit "used and abused". (yet again).

I was just wondering if y'all could give me any alternatives and/or better pricing on 2-cycle DFI oil.

Thanks.

Gary, It's my understanding that after breakin the Quicksilver premium plus is more than adequate for the 115 Pro XS. Even says on the container that it is recommended for DFI 2 strokes. At about 20.00 it is half of what the synthetic DFI oil is. Maybe Bob B. will chime in.

There is no difference between Quicksilver and the black merc jugs. One sold at Merc Dealers, one sold at retail outlets. Your other option is to find a dealer who buys in bulk and take your own jusg in to be filled.

TOXIC

Thanks guys. I'll just swing by WallyWorld and pick up some QuickSilver Premium Plus now that the break-in period is over.

Latest posts

Back