Memphis Pyramid to House Unprecedented Bass Pro Shop

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cass Caldwell2

Reaction score
Anyone in the TN area will be pleased to hear that Bass Pro signed a deal with the city of Memphis to turn the Memphis Pyramid (if you don't know it's a 33 story collesium sized pyramid-shaped building) into an unprecedented Bass Pro Shop. The Memphis paper stated: "This Bass Pro Shop will make any other Bass Pro look like your corner bait store." They also are going to use the marina on the Mississippi River as a test-drive area for their boats. They also have a lot of crazy ideas planned for the inside as well. If you're interested just look it up on Google.

Cass from TN

That will be COOL we drive RIGHT past there everytime we go to OK to visit my Mom-n-law!!

As a Memphian I can tell you this is NOT good news for the local BPS customers. They currently have a store in east Memphis that does very well but the local economy isn't big enough to support two stores. This means instead of conveniently stopping by Bass Pro on the way home from work and doing a little shopping I will have to wait until the weekend when I can "plan" a trip downtown. I'm not so sure about how well the demo rides will work out on the river either. I can tell you that I don't put my boat in the Mississippi river because I don't want to have to compund the stain off my white hull after every trip. I wax my boat regularly and use BassBoat Saver while on the ramp and it still takes compound to remove the the muddy water line completely. Currently they have a large inventory of boats stored in their parking lot so new boat customers can make their selection and take their new boat home relatively quickly. This will have to change because theives downtown will quickly realize they can have a new boat without going through the whole purchasing process.

I hope by making the local BPS a tourist attraction they will generate enough new business to offset the loss of local support.

Sorry, Stan, but I have to disagree with you. I am not looking forward to a further drive myself, but it will be offset by the additions to the store. The plans have it looking like more of a family attraction, much easier to justify a trip if my daughter wants to go.:)

The river being accessible should help them with boat sales and new owner orientation (problem from earlier post). Their large inventory of boats is for aluminum and party boats. They don't carry but one 9 series at any one time, maybe this will help them get in the bass boat market. (maybe they will also start a state team here:cool: )Their shop should be prepared for any cleaning required after running in the river.

BTW your missing out on some great fishing on the river

Latest posts

Back