Lowrance Help Needed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why Lowrance can't make everything universal???? Red, blue, male, female, adapters!!?? WTF! I NEVER seem to have the right stuff. FRUSTRATED!!!!

My trolling motor burnt up today too so NO I am not in a very good mood....Lowrance just made it worse.

Done venting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until you call Lowrance for technical support and get put on "ignore"! Good luck. Also, Tritonglenn might be able to help you out... Better percentage than Lowrance for a first try... Send him an email... Good Luck. When my stuff gets old I am going to Hummingbird!

Glenn, this has your name all over it..LOL But more details would help. Teri you are an I.T wiz. What part don't you understand?

BF

Let's see now...

How helpful have I been in the past Teri? Remember me taking the time to make you a personal diagram for your setup?

OK... Let's calm down and breathe.

When Lowrance improved their cabling, they changed the color so you would know the difference between old and new. As far as male / female - well, that's so you don't have someone plugging something in where it shouldn't be.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is this time, but if you let me know, I'll do my best to help, including sending you any adapters I may have.

All the best,

Glenn

Ah today is a new day....

Let me start by saying....Triton Glenn has been so helpful to me. I have bugged the crap out of him and couldnt have done the swaps I did by myself without him. I totally appreciate you Mr Glenn and sorry if my post offended you.

Now yesterday...I finally got an afternoon to fish and my trolling motor peddle began smoking so my day ended quite early. I opened it up when I got home and one of the wires and connectors was totally toast. Not sure what caused it but I think it's going to be expensive.

While I had everything apart for the trolling motor I decided to swap the X135 up front with my 520c. X135 Network is blue and 520c Network is red so the cable I have didn't work. I think I also broke off some of the pins on the T connector which happened last time I swapped units. I am going to have the same problem when I swap the X135 in the dash with a 28c. I was just pissed by the end of the day.

Sorry for venting.

Teri,

No offense taken at all. When I see "@#$%^&!!!" after the Lowrance name, I get a little concerned, particularly since I know you have had a hard time getting your networks all together in the past. I was hoping it was something I could take care of quickly, and fortunately, I can for the most part.

I have two brand new in box NAC-FRD2FBL Network Adapter Cables (connects a blue network to a red connector device) at my house. That should save you well over $40 in parts if you just send me your mailing address again.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the blue T Connectors. Otherwise, I'd send you what I have. Those may be hard to find new. They retailed between $16 and $24 most places, but they are getting harder to find. I was going to send you to LEI extras or TigerGPS, but they are both not carrying them anymore (I figured as such, but thought I'd save you some looking). However, this seller has used ones on Ebay for only $11 each plus $5 shipping, and they say 4 in stock, so you might want to go that route.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140456365436

or if that doesn't work, here is another link to the same:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lowrance-N2K-T-119-481-Blue-Networks-/140456365436?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b3da0d7c

Hope this helps.

And Teri... never hesitate to contact me about anything that I might be able to help you with. You're not bugging me. I enjoy helping.

Now email me your mailing address again, and I'll get these adapters in the mail to you! :p

All the best,

Glenn

Mr Glen, you dont need to send me your cables unless you want to sell them to me. I can buy them if you tell me which ones I need. (I just reread your post and you did tell me what I need). I called Bass Pro and they said they carried the "expansion kits" but not the conversion kits. He indicated the expansion kit has the T connectors. Maybe thats something diffent since you said they are hard to find. I break those dang pins inside when I pull them apart and I dont know why. I will buy the ones on Ebay. Thanks!

I did a small edit on my post so it didnt look so harsh. I'll claim PMS. :D

Just bought 3 connectors from that Ebay link since I like to break them I bought an extra one.

Now let me know how much for the cables and I will send you a check or I can order them online so you can keep yours.

Teri,

I don't have a need for them, so if you want them, they are yours. They are just collecting dust in my garage.

All the best,

Glenn

Well that would be awesome. I will email you my address.

Teri, Is it a Minn Kota tm? If so the did an update on the pedal control panel and foot switch. If you don't like electrical type projects, you might want to send it out to have it repaired.

BF

Teri Let me know If I can help..The dealer and I have an agreement...I maybe able to get you what you need,Anytime//JR

It is a MinnKota Maxxum Pro 80. I guess Ive been lucky. Ive never had an issues with a MinnKota. Dropping it off tomorrow to be fixed. I have a feeling its going to cost alot.

Latest posts

Back