Lowrance HDS 8 Questions

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bass Tracker

Reaction score
HI all

I am going to be upgrading my HDS 5 on the console to the HDS8 with Structure Scan. I have two questions.

I seem to see TWO diffrent "versions" of the HDS 8 soft buttons, one is actual black buttons on the bottom row and one is more indented.. Is there a diffrence? which one is would be the "newer" version?

Also, I have a 2001 Bass Tracker alum. with a 25HP "manual trim" outboard.. Has anyone installed the LSS-1 transducer successfully on this type of boat? Will I have issues? Thanks alot

I will post the TWO versions of HDS 8 in my member profile so you can see what I mean.

I have an 8 and have never seen the picture (1) in your profile. Mine looks just like (2).

As far as transducer mounting, I dont know on an aluminum boat. I suggest contacting Lowrance. The bracket that comes with the transducer should work fine.

Bass Boat Central has a Lowrance forum, that is pretty heavily monitor by Lowrance guys.

Latest posts

Back