Live Well Problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Moyer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 05 pt-175. This is my first boat with a live well. The live well pump runs but no water comes in. The boat was stowed for two years before I bought it. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

My first thought is bugs in the intake. Easy enough to check, use a flashlight to see if anything obvious has built a nest while the bost was stored, then run something flexible into the intake to try to dislodge anything past where you can see. I keep a piece of weed trimmer line on the boat for times like this.

Also, take the cartridge out of the livewell pump, make sure it is not blocked and the vanes are not broken. You may also be able to get a garden hose in there and try to back flush the line, just depends on how flexible you are:p

Good luck!

Once you try g8rmac suggestions and sure the hoses are clear it could be the problem I had on my PT 185 which was a cracked outlet on the pump itself which was leaking water into the bottom of the boat when pump was on, had to replace the pump which was not hard except very tight space and room for one hand only....

good luck

Latest posts

Back