'Lil update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well to keep everyone up to date. Mom made it safely through Afganistan and should be back in Fort Dix NJ next week. It was pretty bad actually. There was an abandoned Russian mine field right next to their base and 2 different missions from her unit were shot down, one in a Chinook the other in a road side hit their deuce.

Anyway, she made it through without much incident and is retiring when she gets home. Thanks for the prayers and support.

As for me, Corrections jerked me around and I decided I've had enough of working for other people. My whole family has been pressuring me for years to go into contracting for myself and my best friend since 2nd grade has wanted to go out as partners so we did it a little over a month ago. It's scary...scary as hell not knowin where that next paycheck is coming from, but then again, it's NO different in corporate America.

We work hard, come home dirty and tired every day, but it's a good tired and I will be able to make my own schedule for fishing my tourneys, and I will likely make more than I did as a corporate manager.

So anyone wanting to come out and fish the mighty Champlain this year and crash at Le Chateau de LaMoy, give me a shout. Fishing should be hot this year.....until June that is when the first of TEN major tourney stops hits P'burgh for the season.

Hey Rob, great to hear from you. Im glad your mother is coming home safe. Tell her thanks for everything she has done for us.

Thats really cool on the job front. Working for your self is pretty cool. It sounds like its going to work out great for you and give you the freedom to guide and do tournies when you need to. Ive been thinking of doing computer consulting on my own for a long time but i dont have the ballz to try it in leu of a 9-5 job.

I may have to take you up on the Champlain fishing this year if i have time. I havent been on that lake in almost two years :(

Glad to hear another fine American is back in the homeland. Tell her thanks from one soldier to another for her service.:D

Jim

Rob,

If you work hard and pay attention to ALL the little details you will succeed. As you know I went out on my own in 2002... Things sometimes get scarey but it all works out... Call me if you need some coaching/mentoring... you've got the email addy also...

The news about your Mo getting home is great... Give her a big Thank You from me...

Glad to hear it Rob! Good luck this year on the water!

Rich D

Sounds like things are going well. I missed what kind of contracting you're doing? Don't be such a stranger.

Harpo

Glad your mom is safe. Give her many thanks from my household!

Hey Rob, thanks for the report and I'm darn glad your Mom is ok... I'm happy she's retiring. Too many things are getting too close..

Man I don't think I can but I would love to fish Champlain sometime and see Le Chateau de LaMoy.:) Ahhhh, who know's...Maybe some day..

Don't be a stranger!

Rob, Glad to hear your mom is ok, please tell her thank you! As for your personal dilemma with the Corrections Dept. I can tell you that it's not an easy job. Doing 20 in that career field wears hard ya and you with a heart condition probably are better off not getting on. My partner is retiring this Nov. with 22 years, the last 8 at a Super Max (the really bad children), if it wasn't for the benefits it's just not worth it.

You always seem to land on your feet and maybe you can pursue Pro fishing career again. Good contractors are hard to find and lots of people are remodeling there is always something that needs to be fixed. Good luck, everyone is pulling for you :D

Cass

Rob,

Glad to hear your mom is coming home, please give her a big thank you and welcome home!!!!!!!! :D

Steve ><}}}}'>

Glad to hear your Mom is doing fine. She's a pretty special lady. Let me know when the ice is out and I'll come up some weekend and we can take the kids out fishing. Say hello to Michell and the kids for me. Jim Moore

Rob,

Glad your mom has made it through. Hng in there, there will be plenty of work for quality workmen.

Good to hear from you, Rob! Heartfelt thanks to your mom and Good Luck with your new business.

TJ

Glad to hear it Rob...Go for It on the job you will be fine....I left GM after 22 years and did better...JR:D

Hey Robay good to hear from you and even better news about your mom. Remember my man cave is open if you need to crash before/during/after a Potomac tourney. Anybody going to visit Rob call me first, there this place called "The Cribs" I need to warn you about.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back