LED necessities

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Decided to go with the Bluewater lights....can anyone who has installed these give me a rundown of things I may need to pick-up for installation, that aren't included in the Pro kit......swtches, fuse links, etc.

Thanks,

Eric

Number one thing is wire. there is not enough wire at all.. I installed mine and used heat shrink tube on the ends of the wires where i pulled the wire through the holes i drilled for protection. I installed mine on two switches, one for the deck lights and one for the compartment and livewell lights. the switches i installed on the console. I dont use them as much as i thought i would but they do look good. Also they told that they dont blind you while driving at night and that is bull, dont use them while driving the boat at night. They are very nice to have(especialy the compartment lights) in early morning tournaments or early morning fishing. good luck

Greg is right on the wire they dont include enough at all. As far as other things it all depends on how you want it setup. I also soldered and shrinkwrapped all of the connections on mine. Mine is also hooked into the main fuse block on the boat.

When i did mine i wanted switches for the deck, compartments and livewell all independent. I also wanted no holes drilled in the dash so i set mine up with a control box in the center compartment that also includes a dimmer for the deck lights. Here are some pics of the way mine is setup.

The control box i built

IMG_2988.jpg

Compartment lights

IMG_3011.jpg

Front deck

IMG_3001.jpg

Rear deck

IMG_2996.jpg

Rear compartments

IMG_3010.jpg

Battery Compartment

IMG_3003.jpg

I only installed deck lights front and back. I soldered all connections so there was a need for that plus more wire. I also filled in the tiny holes in the hull with 5200 so they were completely waterproof. I hooked mine into a spare ACC switch on the dash. I also don't use them as much as I thought I would. Looks cool before a blast-off though.

NoCAL

Thanks for all the input, guys....I've learned the hard way, when ordering complete kits, that I spend half my day running to the hardware store to get things I thought were included....nice set-up, Jim.

Thanks again,

Eric

Your boat is waaay too neat!

Gotta throw some fish scales on the carpet with a little slime, some crawler dirt along with a few blood spots and you'll be just fine:lol:

Looks good:cool:

Too neat??? No way :lol:

I have a tendancy to be a little bit of a neat freak. I have to have everything in its place so i know exactly where it is when i want it. If you think thats neat you should see my toolbox....

Latest posts

Back