Lake Anna VA

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G8rmac

Reaction score
I've only been to Anna a couple of times a few years ago, but I have a chance to go next Monday (22 June). I have a map of the lake, but not sure where to start. I plan on getting there by first light, either Anna Point Marina or Sturgeon Creek. Anybody got a few suggestions for LMB? I don't want your tourney spots, just somewhere to start so I don't spend all my time wandering!:D

Thanks!!

This time of year I would start at the "splits" where the two rivers converge to form the main lake. The Pamonkey branch is known for rocks and the North Anna branch has grass. Downlake will be very spotty. That being said, I have not been out in a while and maybe Bill or Mike C will have more specific info.

TOXIC

the splits have tons of 6 to 7 lb strippers feeding they are mixed with lg mths they are gorging themselves on hering in 12 to 40 ft of water, the big heads are large to 6 lbs. after the stripers are done they gravatate to the drops and brush in 12 to 25 ft of water. if you prefer clear water the big heads are mixed in with the stripers at dike 3 the stripers are small down lake, about 2 lbs, but they help locate the bass, once the action stops hear leave and head up lake. if it gets s tough go up the north anna side aqbove christopher run, and toss stinkos (not a typo) to the grass with deeper water infront of it, and you should have plenty of action from the 12 to 15 inch class fish.

mike c

WOW! :D Thanks for all the info, I am definitely hitting the water Monday. Mike, what is a "Stinko"?

it one of them damn things toxic keeps giving me to throw and for some reason i cant catch a fish with them, but bill on the hot side sure loves teaching me leason on how to throw it. there made by some guy named yamamoto or something.

It was in jest (senko). color 297 for anna

mike c

Well, I guess I walked right into that one :lol:

me and the wife culled 4 times by 6am(we launched at 5 :30 and got to our spot at 5:47 due to long no wake zone) this morning with the chatterbait. caught 5 in 15 casts, then upgraded from there, then went and worked the frog after high tide. we did not put the lights out for weight, but we caught enough to win the tourny and take home some money for dinner.

mike c

very nice! You and that chatterbait!!

You get caught in the thunderstorms? We did not see you at launch yesterday Mike

yes i got caught, we weighed in at noon, we entered the no wake zone and it unloaded on us.

on a side note i went out this morning in the wind to try and refine my pattern from yesterday and had 22 lbs in the livewell by 8 am. dont that just figure.

mike c

Back