Lake Anna Report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Favors

Reaction score
Thank you Bill for letting me get out on the hot side this past Sunday. Weather turned out to be pretty good, I left at about 2:00 just before the rain started and the wind. Started off up in Pool 1 with the intentions of throwing a Little John Crankbait but noticed the water level was up so I ventured into the very back of the ski cove and there was a laydown with some water on it. There were also a couple of nice 15 inch chunks on it to. I was able to do alittle testing with the new Tru Tungsten worm with tungsten instreated into the plastic, GREAT bait for laydowns and brush piles, there are 2 different rates of fall, 1 ft per sec, and 1/2 a ft per sec. No bullet weight is needed with these worms, weight in already inside the worm. Come through the cover well, doesn't hang up and has a slow sprial fall. I did notice that both those fish had crawdads in their throat, so I switch up to a jig, nothing, then tried a C-Rig Zoom Critter Craw, and they were biting the claws off, so I downsized, bingo that was the ticket!! Boated around 40 fish biggest was 18 1/2 inches long about 95% were on the rig!! They all were green footballs to, spawn not to far off I suppose.

Sounds like a great trip! everyone thanx Bill all the time, I guess I'll see how good he is, when he takes my brother, my Dad and me out:lol:

Oh yeah Bill, my dad got the Diet Pepsi already:lol::lol:

Hey Gunny, where are you getting the tru tungsten worms? I looked on BPS webpage and didn't see any.

Jim:blink:

Jim, I'm on Pro Staff with Tru Tungsten, Gander Mtn. in Fredericksburg will have them soon, I just set down with the manager and made a $5000 order!

Latest posts

Back