Ladder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen Summers

Reaction score
I have a 2006 929 cdx. I would like a ladder incase I fall off. Any suggestions?

Glen, there are a few posts and info about this ont he forum. Click "Search" at the top.

Then, in the "What to search for" box type "ladder".

Next, under "Where to search" check "Titles" and "Message Text".

Finally, under "When to search" pick "Last 180 days".

Click "Search" and bam....there are a few informative posts.

Hope that helps answer your questions. Lots of info there.

Have a super Saturday!

Until you get a ladder, you can always use the tilt and trim on the big motor to lift you out of the water, assuming the big motor is not running.

Glen, you'll also see a post in the search that calls out using your bow line. Simply tie it off to the cleats on your boat (front and back) letting some hang over the edge and it becomes a step. That's inexpensive and pretty convenient unless you're fishing alone.

If you're a big fella especially, be carefull using the power trim/tilt feature often to lift yourself out of the water. You can and eventually will blow the seals in the pump (which is inevitable in the life of a pump), causing an internal bypass creating symptoms of leakdown at trim or drop down under load, if not a visible leak. I've used it in an emergency and it is very effective, just not recommended as a consistent ladder replacement. Plus there's that big 'ol sharp prop in the way should you slip. :eek: Just an FYI. Good luck! ;)

Latest posts

Back