kicker room?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathleen Hebling2

Reaction score
Have a new 2007 Bass tracker ProTeam 175 with a 50hp Mercury motor ( 2 stroke). Am wondering if I can put a kicker on it- say a 9.9.....will it fit on the transom? Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks

the pro team 175 is ment to be a bass boat.

the way they are built it is very impratical to mount a kicker motor that most use for trolling.

if you absolutly had to have a kicker the you would need a special mount and some modifications to your current controls as your deck layout will not allow you to use a tiller control. you just wouldn't run a tiller motor from the rear casting deck.

Thanks for the question Kathy. . . I have been wondering that for my PT175 for a long time. A lot of the smaller lakes closer to me require a 10h or less....

I had a 2002 PT175. I managed to mount a transom mount electric trolling motor to give me more oompf on the electric only reservoirs. Worked like a champ. Why wouldn't a gas kicker work? Something like a 5 or 9.9 hp version? You could hook up the gas line to the kicker to run off the main tank and sit on the back deck to run the thing. I did that with the electric and two extra size 27 batteries. Can't believe that the extra weight of a small outboard would be that much of an issue. You won't win any speed records, though! :D

Latest posts

Back