It finally happened to me part deux

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
A play on words with the other post....

I usually come here and tell people how many fish I am catching.....how big of a bag I weighed in.....well its only fair to let you know that it happens and it happened to me tonight. I fished my regular NBAA Tuesday night 3 hour tournament on Lake St Clair and skunked. Zip, zilch, nada in the bag to weigh. A big fat round goose egg. No fish to weigh....none.

Caught 3 shorts, Darren (team partner) lost a 3 pounder at the boat and caught a walleye and a sheephead.

Not my first zero in a tournament, but my first on Lake St Clair in a bass tournament....

Today, I sucked and I am man enough to admit it. But I dont have to like it.

Enjoy! LOL

Mini

l_7cf8c03801014a039968c438e8fe935a.gif

Did you stink more than Tox?

Wait a minute....that doesn't sound right!:lol:

We don't like to talk about those days:angry:, but I guess it doesn't hurt too bad to admit they happen.

I have the same expectations for my tourney tonight on Cass Lk. Fishing has been TOUGH around SE Michigan lately (at least for me)!

Teddy fished the Northern Open on St Clair and with a little help from me, CIII, and Neeley he had enough intel to go out and find some amazing fish but I'll bet he wished he could have blanked because in his words he lost a check and could have possibly won the TX on something you cannot teach.....St Clair smallmouth TECHNIQUE!! He used my advice and dropshotted and caught fish, he used CIII's advice and narrowed in on some good areas and he used Ken's recommendations for tube color. What he didn't do was execute....lost a 6 a couple of 5's and some 4's. He admitted he was big head fishing in his mind and due to his lack of execution or adapting to smallmouth, he broke off and lost the fish that he was looking for. Told him to come up with the MVM and we would put him through smallie bootcamp :lol: :lol:.

TOXIC

Well Mini, it happens.....ouch

About the same as last year when i fished with Neeley in the Fall TX and caught the 7 lber in practice...and then only caught a dang sheephead in the TX!! Go frikin figure!!!

Nicely done dude

Do you have Bowfin in Erie/St.Clair I have caught them in Fla and Champlain? Dang ugly and mean critter.

BF

Yes there lot sof bowfin (dogfish) in St Clair and the Great Lakes.

Sorry to hear bro.... One of those times where any T that you can endure is a good T. You know it isn't you, it's just the ying and yang of life. Even KVD tanks at times. Sometimes on water he knows almost as good as God himself. The next one will have you back on top like you're used to being. I'm confident of that!! ;)

Latest posts

Back