Is it me?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL....there's a million bass boats for sale out there right now, dude.....be prepaired to drop your price if you want to move it fast!!......it's a buyers market right now for sure. Didn't mean to bum you out,....just stating the facts. Michigan's economy at the moment is just not conducive to people buying BIG toys,...hell..we're lucky to keep our jobs and houses!!

your price seems fair,...if you're not in a hurry, just sit tight...$20 grand for a fully loaded 929 is a good deal.....you might get offered 17-18G's tho...so leave room to come down if you really want to move it. Gas prices are the real killer now, but they're stabilizing,...you might get more interest in the spring too!!

Sounds like I might have to wait until spring, but on the other note the price for the boat that I want will be higher too. :eek:

Forgot to mention, I did get an offer for full price. I just need to cash the check and pay the shipping company when they come to pick up the boat. YEAH Right. What do they think I am stupid.

You are in a terrible used boat market right now. I've been considering upgrading my 929 as well. It seems like everybody but the dealers know that boats are not moving. I understand that they have a floorplan to fund but man, you can practicly steal used rigs. I want new but with all the pro boats, guide boats and all of the other sponser boats on the market, it makes it tough to get past them. Add to that the tough economic climate and unless you are willing to take a huge hit, the inventory is just too big. Good luck, I hope you get it sold.

TOXIC

I thin k as gas prices fall some will look to upgrade. Its a tough market from what i can tell, fixing to sell my Z9 in a few months.

Don't forget that its a very bad time of year for boat sales. Potential buyers are looking at having to store a boat for the winter and many will balk at that idea and prefer to wait until spring. Being in Michigan doesn't help with the economy of cities in Detroit and even Midland in decline and only getting worse. Your best bet to sell (if you have to) is to make the price very attractive. Frankly, it may have to be more attractive than you're willing to sell. You may have a better gamble on waiting until spring in order to get a boost from the opening season as well as the boat shows that help encourage the buying mindset. Yes, chances are that the boat you'll want to buy will be more as well, but if you sell low and buy low now, it will not much different from selling high and buying high later in the spring.

This is all exactly why I'm boat shopping right now. Totally a buyers market. I hate to admit it but will.... I'm the guy that comes in and lowballs trying to get a screaming price. Economy is bad, people having to sell their toys, gas prices up, nearing fall.... all adds fuel to my fire.

In the old South John, those people were called carpetbaggers!:rolleyes::lol: Just kidding John...:unsure:

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back