Information on these baitcaster reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malcolm Smoot

Reaction score
Has anyone used anyone of the following reels and what do you think of them??

Tica Series: Sculptor SL100, Caiman CM100, Caiman CT100

I tried the Sculptor SL100 doing some seminars during a boat show in Verona Italy. They are a very nice stainless steel low profile baitcasting reel. Very lite weight and as I recall they had something like 12 ball bearings in them. As I only used them in a casting tank during these seminars I can't speak on how well they will hold-up but they seemed like a good reel. I went on-line and called every "dealer" close to Missouri and they either had not heard of them or had but were only buying them if the were presold.

Good Fishing

Last year at the Florida Sportsman show here in JAX there was a TICA booth, I was pretty impressed with what I saw, but I never have used them, strickly Daiwa for baitcasters and Quantum for spinning reels.

Tica makes a good spinning reel - the Libra (has 10 ball bearings). Have used the smallest model (2500)for the past 3 years fishing for panfish, walleye, and pike. It has performed superbly and the reason for the above question is that I figured if they made such a good spinning reel, then chances are they made an excellent baitcaster. But, I want one in my hand before I put out the money.

Got my wife a Tica Libra a few years back; veeeeery smooth. Tica was (is?) an OEM manufacturer for Daiwa. Probably not the best bearings (although she fishes the hell outa hers without a problem), but the Tica line seems to mimic the Okuma line - high number of bearings, smooth action, modestly priced. I have had a Sculptor in my hand, but did not have a chance to fish it. Felt smooth, at least on par with a Curado. Can't comment on durability or ease of repair however.

Latest posts

Back