Info on the FLW, Everstarts, etc from FLW Outdoors...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Here's the text of a letter from Jacobs himself...

Jacobs addresses challenges of growing organization

19.Feb.2003

Open Letter to Anglers:

"Everyone at FLW Outdoors is deeply gratified by the tremendous response with which the 2003 tournament programs have been received. The reaction from you and your fellow anglers across the country who want to fish competitively in FLW Outdoors tournaments (Wal-Mart FLW Tour, Wal-Mart EverStart Series, Wal-Mart BFL, Wal-Mart Texas Tournament Trail and the Wal-Mart RCL Walleye tournaments) has been nothing short of phenomenal.

Your support has not gone unnoticed. It is greatly appreciated and, I believe, reflects a renewed and growing interest in the sport of competitive fishing as well as the incredible dedication the FLW Outdoors employees have shown toward building a premier fishing-tournament organization. I also want to express my sincere appreciation to those of you who have purchased Ranger, Stratos, Champion, Lund and Crestliner boats to qualify for priority entry into FLW Outdoors tournaments.

With any company that experiences tremendous growth comes challenges, and FLW Outdoors is no exception. I want to let you know that I am aware of the frustration and disappointment that some of you have experienced as a result of our growth and give you my personal commitment to resolving these challenges as quickly as possible. Some solutions, like expanding the EverStart Series fields and purses where fisheries and state agencies allow, are already in place. Other solutions will take more time to implement, but be assured: They have the full and immediate attention of the FLW Outdoors tournament-operations staff. Ongoing communication regarding additional improvements to our tournament organization will be published in FLW Outdoors Magazine and on FLWOutdoors.com.

In the meantime, I would like to thank you for your business and your patience as we seek viable, long-term solutions that will satisfy your needs as a tournament angler while introducing the sport of fishing to the next generation of anglers.

Sincerely,

Irwin L. Jacobs

Chairman, FLW Outdoors"

Back