I need help buying a 2008 Silverado Z71 crew cab short bed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heine

Reaction score
Ok, so after moving out to illinois and having a 2wd truck from calif, one realizes the importance of 4wd. I am tired of calling AAA to get me out of my front yard or my driveway. So I went to the local chevy dealership and told the guy there, that I wanna buy a truck. He tells me there are no 2008 Z71 crew cabs short bed available anywhere in the U.S. I am looking for either in the silver color, fully loaded. I have an employee GMO discount, or whatever they call it, my dad works for them. The sales rep also told me that no dealers are trading any vehicles they have on the lot for others. So I bought my Silverado new in 2002 and I am in the market for buying another now. Have things changed ? Did this guy just blow smoke up my #@$ ? I wanna buy and I am serious, so if anyone knows of a rep that I can buy from and can get what I want, I am down. I have excellent credit and ready to do this. I am just so frustrated and I am not buying a 2009.

Have you tried building your truck on the Chevy web site? After you finish building it you can see where your build can be found on a dealer lot.

Happy Holidays!

Cass :D

I would try a different dealer and also look online at dealer inventories. Chevy's website will alloy you to build and search for whatever you want like Cass said. It makes shopping a lot easier. When i got mine in 06 i did just that and found exactly what i was looking for and went and bought it.

Can i ask why not an 09? With your discount i would think the price would be close.

Your dealer is correct. I have a good friend who operates a Chevy dealership in the Chicago south western burbs. He was looking for a 08 Silverado 4x4 extended cab for a mutual friend of ours. The results were the same, no other dealership was willing to do a dealer trade. He even went out well over 250 miles in search of one.

It seems the incentives on the 08 Silverado's are so great that they are moving fast and only a few left around here. They even tried for a 4x4 crew cab and the results were the same.

The only 4x4 truck that has plenty of stock is the Colorado. But the incentives are not as good as the Silverado but not that bad for a smaller truck.

The GMC trucks are no different when it comes to availablity.

Dave, I just noticed your in Lockport. The dealership I was refering to may have been the same one you went to, it is in Plainfield. I can, if you wish, get you lined up with the man in charge. But I know he tried like hell to get our friend one. I seen the stack of faxes he had out in search of one, but no one was willing to let one go.

Carl

We found lots of duramax model ; but that is over-kill for me. Not that the pricing was not all that bad. I am now looking at contacting dealers in calif and maybe just buying one out there and visiting family as well. At this point, I will go anywhere to get what I want. I tried the chevy website and built my truck and all - when I went to locate it, it brought nothing but the cobalt up every time, they need to fix that.

try searching inventories using the GM site yourself. I have previously found exact matches for my "want" when the dealer internet sales rep simply shrugged his shoulders. It can be tedious.

Have Found you 4 2008 4X4 crew cabs in southern Ill. type in zip code 62069 under Chevy .com site or call smokey jennings in palmyra, Il. 1-217-805-4336 or weber chevy in columbia ILL. 1-866-260-4498 Ken

No crew cabs but, plenty of extended cabs left according to my sources.

Latest posts

Back