I got this St Clair lake ALL figured out!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Yeah, with the -30 degrees here, Cody and I decided to fish a partners tourney on St Clair this weekend. It was a 3 day event, and we won it with over 90 lbs with 15 fish. Yup, a 30+ lb a day average or 6lbs per fish. That lake ain't so tough. We had our limits and were back to weigh in by noon each day. Had a few times to confer with our friends Penny Berryman, and KVD. Kev was great, he suggest a SB, can you believe it? But we caught them all on hair jigs and c-rigs. Yup, $56,000 for first, not bad. Tonight we're fishing Castaic! Got that one in the bag!!!! So if a guy who has never fished it before and his 4 year old can whoop the field THAT bad first time out in a cold front like this, I ought to clean house this summer! LOL

That's my secret. Scouting/prefishing by Trophy Bass. My success during the virtual tournament has not transferred to success in the real tournaments. Best of luck to ya.

Hey, I won a 1 day event on Lake Clear with almost 60 lbs! Not bad, I had the 2nd place guy beat by over 18 lbs! And I only fished for 3.5 hours. Why rub their nose in it? LOL

Rob use a crawdad color shallow running crankbait and you will top your posted weight..I have many many hours on that game pre-fishing St Claire..No cable or sat tv either.

BF

Back