Hurricane Katrina and Rita

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
My older brother lost everyting he had in Chalmette, La. ( east of New Orleans) due to the flood waters and the oil leak from Murphy Oil. He has home owners insurance, flood insurance and he filed a claim against Murphy Oil. He is not going back. He lost eveything in 1965 during Betsy and now in Katrina. He bought a fifth wheel camper trailer and is presently living in it in central La. until he can settle with the insurance companies. He will eventually build a new home. To top that, my 1st cousin and uncle lost their homes south of me around Abbeville, La. to floods waters from Hurricane Rita. They are both staying in central La. until they can get back to access their damage. I guess my family is cursed or just plain unlucky. We faired well here in Lafayette, La.. We are now helping the people from west La. because of their damage. We have the infrastructure in place to do it.

Don't worry guys. Louisiana is tough. She'll come back stronger and better. Just pray for us.:(

Barry from Lafayette, La.

Barry - I'd say you're family is blessed, you survived, thats a lot more then a lot of folks, and you had the forthought to have insurance.

Glad everyone is safe, and let us know if we can help!

Trep

Barry,

I will send prayers for your family. We have been thru a lot lately, that's the price for living in the Sportsman's Paridise. My Mother's house was damaged pretty bad also. She is staying with me for now. It will get better as soon as fall comes. I will be bow hunting Saturday morning, 1 mile from my house. In December when it gets real cold, 50 degrees, I will be catching bass and crappie about 15 minutes from my house. I sit here and think folks who live up north are crazy to put up with the cold. I know they sit home and wonder why we stay here with hurricanes that may take everything you own. We all have something to worry about, it is just what makes the world go around. I can, and will say one more thing, it makes you appreciate a whole lot more, what you have. Good Luck.

Bubby

Barry, you and your family will be in my families prayers.

You guys hang in there,

Steve

Back