Hummingbird vs. Lowrance vs. TomTom

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip Peoples

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm looking for GPS/Depth-finder for my boat. Need both units, one for the bow and one at the console. Now the kicker, have only $500.00 to use (not working and that all my wife will allow me to spend) for both units.

The boat came with a Lowrance X-51 depth-finder and I was wondering if it could be moved to the bow or should I just leave it in the console?

Now I'm telling my age, my last unit was a 1980 Loran unit and I was using it until Katrina took it and the boat.

Anybody got any good suggestion for me?

Two units, with GPS and Sonar, for under $500....

Only thing I can think of is the Eagle Cuda 350's. They run about $200 each, and they have GPS and Sonar. So for $400 plus tax, you could have twin combo units.

All the best,

Glenn

Chances are the transducer for the X51 may be epoxied in the boat. Not sure what kind you have. The Cudas are good units for the money.

I know a lot of people say good things about networking the two units together but, I have a sonar/gps up front just because I had it and never use the mapping, well I was following a trail back in the swamp at Santee and wanted to stay on the same trees as I was on the previous weekend and used it.

Latest posts

Back