Hull Paint Peeling Off

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Riley

Reaction score
My new 2006 Avalanche has patches of paint peeling right off the hull. I sent photos to my marine dealer and brought the boat to them yesterday to inspect the boat and take additional pictures. Tracker has also been notified where my dealer and I are waiting for there response. My marine dealer told me not to worry in that they along with Tracker will make this right. Has anyone else experienced this problem on their Avalanche, Tundra or any other Tracker painted hull? I love the boat and welcome any additional ideas or suggestions to help me in working with my dealer and Tracker to get the problem corrected in a timely manner.

One last comment - I had the boat on Lake Winny here in N.H. last week. It was the first time I had the boat in 2+ foot white cap chop and the boat blew me away. It handled extremely well, great ride in the rough water and never once came close to being swamped....

Thanks - Dan

The Avalanches and Tundra's have a well-know paint issue. Take my advice and let them know if you waxed the boat. If not, they'll try to paint right over it and you'll be right back at the shop in no time.

Hate to say this and don't want to make anyone made but, aluminum is VERY hard to get paint to stick unless it goes thru a couple of different processes and if anyone of those processes is compremised...it will not stick.

Aladine is the best by far but, is only used on aircraft.

Thanks to all who replied. As Toxic stated, if the dealer is supporting me I should be all set. I heard from them this morning reasuring me that I am in good hands, not to worry and they are already working with Tracker to have the problem addressed. To date, the dealer has has been excellent and followed-through on every commitment made so I am confident this will be addressed.

Latest posts

Back