Hot foot / Teleflex Pro Trim Update.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
Saturday here in NC was I think one of only 12-15 Saturdays without rain here in NC. There have been 30+ Saturdays this year, with only 1/3 of them being without rain! Not only was it not raining, it was sunny and BEAUTIFUL. Needless to say, EVERYONE was on the lake! I didn't get as early a start (wife/kids), but when we got there the lake was full!

With the lake being so busy...darn jetskis...I truly got to test the hotfoot and trim switch in ROUGH water. I can say now that I am certainly a true fan of both. I won't go as far......right now.....as saying I won't own a boat in the future without a hotfoot, but who knows what the future will bring.

Tight Lines,

Bryan

The teleflex Trim does it come with instructions on how to install. I have the hotfoot and have been wanting to install the trim, is it easy for a non mechanical dude?

BTW two plugs removed from the trophy plus four blade 24 pitch with the ten inch setback jackplate proved to to be the right setup for you 882 owners with a 150 Opti.

Mark in Calif.

there are instructions in the box. there are better instructions in the 'grab bag' here on the site that jim b did. i actually didn't use the instructions in the box at all. jim's instructions were right on!

Good Luck

Bryan

I'm with you Bryan. After using the hotfoot on my Stratos, I simply love it. I have so much more control over the boat now, than the standard 'hand throttle'.

Tex

I guess I should have asked this, The wiring is my fear. Do you tap into the trim tab on the hand throttle or in the back at the motor?

Help

Mark

Mark

I tapped into it under the console where the trim wires from the bow panel connects up. It was the easiest place to connect in my opinion because you dont have to mess with the control box to get it done. you could go all the way back to the motor but theres really no need. Take a look at my grab bag article it will show you what the loom looks like.

Bryan,

im glad you like yours, on sat i had a chance to test mine out for the first time on really rough water aw well. i want to winni in nh and i really like how much faster i can get on and off the throttle when i need to, i was running in 2' boat chop all day smoother then i ever have before. The next test will be wind generated chop on a brezzy day.

Ok, I'm gonna give you glass boys a chance to guffaw and carry on about a "tin" guy who is wondering about a Hotfoot and Teleflex trim in a PT 175 with a little 50 H.P on it. After the jabs tell me what you honestly think.

I ought to change my handle to "ToyBoy" 'cuz I sure like toys and gadgets whether I need them or not... I 'spect my Tracker will look like a POR QUE PINE with all the gadgets stickin' put of it.

This reads like a dig but I really want to know..

Go for it...if they make one for your motor size (or does it matter). Just ask MO getting trapped out on LOA in his boat. You want controversy? I don't want to put one on my 929 because I am a purist. If I wanna gp drive a car in the water I'll get one of those aqua mobiles of whatever they are called. My only defense is look at all of the offshore racers. They don't use HF's and they run the highset RPMS and biggest chop there is. Yea, they do have a throttle man but he is using his hands not his feet.

OK let me have it!!

TOXIC

ps..I have driven with a HF

Ok Toxic. Here it is. Thanks for your honest input.

I'm also like a leaf in the breeze easily swayed.

I don't really want a porcupine, there is some purist in me too I guess.

Some of my friends would giggle behind my back...

Have a good evening.

Ok Tox, Shot out,

The big boats do not have the same sort of traffic we do and they are on a course with other racers right? Not like the fleas and wakes that you have to contend with on Anna. Now, I unfortunly, have 2 boats. One has a hotfoot (still for sale anyone, anyone) and one that does not. I am a bit of a novice with a BIG boat like the 896, but the power to size ratio the 170 with a 125HP beats it out. I for one, will be glad to keep both hands on the wheel anytime the motor is running. No one handed as I trim or throttle change.

Well, jsut my two cents worth.

Carlos

PS Shot out means artillery shot in the air and on the way. Your response when you see the shot is "shot over" :)

Ha CII!! Shot over, (I thought it was "INCOMING!!!")

I understand but I have as of yet not needed one believe it or not. Yea, I have heard all of the reasons and Mac assures me that I would be happier wih one (and I trust Mac's sage wisdom) but just like when we were in those 5 footers on the Potomac, ya gotta do what gets you back safe. I'm not sayin I won't try one on my new rig (if I ever get my olg rig sold).

TOXIC

as I quietly hoist the white flag of truce because I don't want CIII shootin ANYTHING at me!!

AHAHAHA Tox,

Only in jest my friend :)

I am having to save up for the hotfoot, so I am going to be a hothand for a while :) You are right about the 5 footers. Do what it takes to get back!! No argument from me there :)

Carlos

Latest posts

Back