"Hot" Fly Rods and Reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Hale

Reaction score
FYI

The Fly Fishing Store ( K K FlyFishers in Overland Park, KS) my wife manages, was broke into this last weekend. They got $150,000+ in Fly Rods and Reels.

If you find a good deal on "new" fly fishing equipment -- Check to make sure it's not HOT-- Serial# have been turned into the manufactures..

Also the reels will not have the bags and boxes-- the rods will be missing the rod sacks or tubes..

Thanks HaleDamage

PS; Yes they did have Insurance

Damn..... I was on the trophy trout section of the Current River yesterday..... I coulda used one of those.....

Sorry to hear that, Rick. Now what the heck are thieves gonna do with that stuff? There is such a limited marketplace.....

Is that one or two words...?

Oh Boy I went to bed to late last night got up too early today and worked to hard this afternoon......

T.S.

Be careful.....I hear those fly fishermen are a pretty tough crowd. They might flick a wooly booger on you. ;>)

Harpo

The Alarm Company said the thieves were in and out in about 3min.--

Have not tried fly fishing yet. Looks like fun--small tackle box--long rods.

HaleDamage

Rick, there is nothing quite like fly fishing for trout! When fly fishing, I use almost strictly dry flies - I love the excitement of seeing the fish take it on the surface! I can't tell you the number of times I have had smaller fish leap out of the water to take a fly before it even lands! Then the big ones just quietly come to the surface and slurp it in!

Latest posts

Back