1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Hogging And Noodling

Thread in 'Fishing' started by cq, Oct 29, 2014.

1. cq

cq Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hogging is defined as grabbing fish by hand under the water.
    Noodling is defined as taking fish by the use of a pole-mounted breakaway hook that detaches at the time of hookup or a snare with an attached line that is manipulated by hand while the angler is in the water.
    Hogging is also known as "Hold MY Beer and Watch This".

2. AirForce

AirForce Moderator Staff Member

Hogging must have been a definition yankees use, cause in the south and midwest its called noodling, never been called hogging. Hogging is keeping everything for yourself and not sharing LOL. OR killing hogs and capturing hogs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noodling

3. cq

cq Well-Known Member

That was a quote from the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission. It also gives the areas that are off limits for both. I always thought Noodling was hand fishing. Personally I am not going to duck under water and stick my hand in a hole under the bank and hope and Pray that it is a fish. I did watch a TV program (once) showing the Championship for Noodling, one constant pulled out before the final round due to the infection starting on his shoulder from a snake bite. http://www.agfc.com/fishing/Pages/FishingRegulationsbyTechnique.aspx#Hogging_and_Noodling

4. AirForce

AirForce Moderator Staff Member

yep, me too, or a snapping turtle that I can't which end is which and I'd guess wrong o_O