help needed in Canada

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Gregan

Reaction score
I am curently on annual fishing trip in canada and need emergency advice ....boat will not start but not sure if its solenoid or starter. I turn key and hear solenoid click once and can see starter gear turn one notch. Is it my starter or solenoid that is the problem

How is the charge on your starting battery?

tried different battery...made sure terminals were clean...starter gear seems to mve freely

ditto on the terminals. I had the same problem once and it was hardly noticeable corrosion on the terminals.

can you manually turn the flywheel?....I hope so.

this morning had someone from lodge look at it. He "jumped" the terminals on the solenoid and it started. Pretty much convinced it is the solenoid. Hopefully can get it fixed up here...thank you to everyone for suggestions ... mini I can turn the flywheel. Just not getting proper juice to starter. Thanks again.

Of course this couldn't happen at home ...had to drive 650 miles for it to break down. Pretty soon I have to start thinking about carrying every spare part I can think of before leaving on a trip.

Latest posts

Back