Hds-5 with structure scan

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just ordered a Lowrance HDS-5 with the structure scan. It is supposed to be in Tuesday. I was looking at the installation manual and the side scan says to connect one of the wires to a switch. Do I need to add a switch to my dash? I really don't want to mess with the dash. Can I use the switch for accessories? I have a 2000 NX882. Has anyone installed this kind of setup that can give me some advise? Thanks

Connect the yellow wire of the Structure Scan to the yellow wire of the HDS-5. When you turn the HDS-5 on, the SS will power up as well. If not, then you need to install a separate switch for the yellow wire on the SS.

So no, you do not need to add a switch to your dash... unless you want to. The way I described above is much easier.

All the best,

Glenn

Here is the only problem with not installing a switch. The SS takes a lot of power and on a long day on the water it could run the battery down. I found this out the hard way and had to jump the cranking battery with the trolling motor batteries. Now when I am not using the SS I simply flip the switch off.

Latest posts

Back