Hawg on the 4th - Weigh In Commencing!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Okay, the official weigh master for the Hawg on the 4th Nationwide Nitro/Tracker Owners has now stepped to the weigh in platform. The official announcer is none other than Ray Scott! TV cameras are set up, and ESPN is ready to roll on this most prestigous moment.

And first up comes our resident Transplant, none other than TT - the Texas Transplant. He's digging around in the livewell, and is bringing a large looking weigh-in bag, one of those 'black' ones, you can't see through. Looks heavy folks.

TT steps to the platform and hands the bag over to the weighmaster - TT's twin brother - Texas Two Step. Ray is questioning TT about the baits used and the success he had. TTS puts the catch on the scale and finds the following.

ZERO! TT is shut out. He tells the all too familiar story of too many boats, too little time, and missed strikes. Ray put's his arm around the broad shoulders of TT, and assures him that there will be a next time.

No, didn't break the 5lb barrier for one fish or many. Got out twice over the weekend, for a total of about 8 hours. Both mornings. Had one lonely blowup on a jitterbug around 8:00AM on 7/4. That's it.

The weighmaster is ready and willing to weigh in your catch. Don't miss the opportunity to be interviewed by the now famous, Ray Scott.

NEXT!

Well, Buzz and I had a great weekend perfecting our "milk" run for the tourney. Got into some great fish, but never wanted to stay for more than 2-3 so we didn't stick too many or get seen by other anglers. Couple of spots it only took 5 minutes to get on 2-3 "quality" fish. But alas, no HAWGS. I think the best fish of the weekend came from my "secret" tires! LOL THAT"s right! They've been there all along boys, you just don't know HOW to fish them. It was only about 4 lbs. Several 3 lb smallies though. I think our biggest 5 would have tipped at about 17 lbs. Buzz can confirm. Also, took out Zeb, young friend of the family, maybe 14, no dad, and his grandpa just passed so, I knew he needed to go fishing. Well, lets just say, if Zeb had a 896, I'D have a new tourney partner! LOL Kidding Buzz. But Zeb did catch either 3 or 4 bass, both SM & LM, and all were in the 2.5-3.5 lb range. He outfished a lot of FLW co-anglers. On the way home falling asleep, he asked' "Hey, do they have kids tournaments?" "YES they do Zeb. Yes they DO!" Got anohter one hooked! My job here is nearly done!

TT

Larry Nixon once said, "I learn more from days I don't catch fish than the days I do." Who knows what he meant by that. For us guys, a trip without fish is no fun but it is better than most things.

Rob:

You guys are going to destroy the competition. Beware of other competitors

My big hawg for the weekend was "maybe" 2 lbs. I only got out once, and that was with Jamey for my baitcasting/jignpig lesson.

Rob, Maybe you should use a "cane pole" when your prefishing so that your competitors can't see the "bend".

Bob G.

It wasn't so much competition as local bank fisherman. If they see where the fish are and how to catch them, the bassus are sure end up on a stringer. Buzz and I say that on Saturday. About 10 nice bass laying on the rocks in front of 2 old timer shiner fisherman at one of my good spots! AHHHHH!!!!!!! Seemed everywhere we went, we had an audience. EVERYWHERE! Except for what will now be referred to as waypoints #5 and #6! LOL THAT we had to ourselves.

This in from KY:

The team of BandT (Barb and Tony) reported that while numerous "barely keepers" were caught, nothing could be brought to the scales.

Still the best 4 day weekend I've had in a long, long time.

We finished the weekend by fishing for 'gills on ultralights, now that's just fun!

Any one up for a tourney next weekend??? I just _know_ I'm gonna get me a sackful....

Man! I'm starting to feel really good about my catch on Sunday! Got 3 bad boys! All about 3#! In about 4 hours time - in the middle of the afternoon!

Hey, MO! Lake #33 at Busch Wildlife!

Using my light action spinning and 6# fluorocarbon; 1/8 oz Slider "Spider" jig head and 4" worm in Motoroil or Watermelon seed. Fished around the crappie beds, just barely dragging and hopping the worm as slowly as I could stand it.

Nothing else even got a nibble. I saw only one other fish caught and that was on a purple, 7" worm. Also a bass about the same size. When you catch a bass on this lake, they are usually quite good because there is a 15" keeper limit.

I had fished a smaller pond at the same Conservation Department area on the 4th..... Caught probably a dozen in the 1/2 to 3/4 pound bracket using the same worms and again in the middle of the afternoon.

me!

At one spot yesterday, I hoisted a 3 1/2 lb smallie up out of almost 30 feet of water, and at least 6 buddies bigger than he, followed him to the boat! At 10:30 in the morning. Now we had SERIOUS haze/overcast. It was erie, then I find out it was all the smoke from the Quebec forrest fires. But it was good for fishing. The mid summer cold front turned the fish on BIG time. It was like a May bite out there yeaterday. Scott you guys get any winds bringing over smoke from the park fires? Weather has been very wierd lately.

You mean in Colorado and Arizona? That's 800 to 1400 miles away..... Even if they did - it gets too hazey here in mid-summer to tell!

me!

The fires in Quebec were 400+ miles. Thought maybe? Wasn't sure how far they were from you. Plus people in NYC called me, because THEY got it, that's another 300 miles, so 700 total.

Fished Winni and caught tons of smallies. Plenty of 2+ lbs, but nothing near 3lbs.

Early evening top water was awesome. Largest fish in the boat this week was my uncles 4lb 5oz largemouth. We had "old one eye" come up and spit a popper back at us. He only came out of the water just past his gills and we could tell that he was 6 to 8 lbs. Biggest bass I ever saw!!!

AWESOME week on the water!!

Marke

Hey Lamar,

I was fishing in Acton Maine. Try Horn pond for "old one eye". I hear Square Pond and Mousem Lake in Sanford are real good too.

I'm dying to try Square Pond. Are you near Sanford at all?

Marke

Good Grief, Lamar!! At 5:45 in the morning!! Whadayadoo to follow up a catch like that for the rest of the day?!!?

Nice!!!!!

me!

Hey Scott,

It reads 4:45 am!!!! The fish were still sleeping!

Lamar, Nice fish. Were you fishing the "night shift" or are you a real early riser??

Bob G.

Rob -

Nope, still no smoke..... However, we do on acassion have the air become thick with the aroma of hopps from the Anheuser-Busch Brewery!

me!

Watching the entries, all of them. A summary of the reports and official standings will be posted later this week.

Hold on, I can't possibly have everyone beat...there must be some mistake. Someone has not replied yet or something, that's GOT to be it :)

Well, here goes, my biggest fish, July 2nd, Kezar Lake, Lovell, ME... 5 lbs 13oz!!! Wife can attest and even got a picture of this one, hehe.

Lamar - I don't live in Maine, but I am constantly up there fishing whenever money and time allow. I'll be back up there Aug. 1 - 4th for a buddy tourny for our club. We'll be fishing Moose Pond and Tripp Pond the 2nd and 3rd. Would love to have you out there any of those days! I actually thought it was a nice smallie when I set the hook!!! I'll take the LM though.

TT- film is being developed as we speak, as soon as I get them back I'll make an attempt to post it, along with my 4 lb 2oz lm caught at Moose Pond.

Ok...I have been holding back waiting to see what everyone got...I caught an 8-3 largemouth and a 7-9 smallmouth..total weight for 5 fish was 28-4.

Caught them all between 7:30 am and 7:45 am on tubes....from the tank here at work!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

See, take him off his home water/tank and he ain't nuthin. Nuthin I tell ya!

Latest posts

Back