Has Anyone Seen This?

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
THIS GUY IS A TRUE PIECE OF DOO DOO! OUR LEADER!! You may have seen this one, but just so it'll stick in your memory, READ IT AGAIN.

MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE BY A PRESIDENT

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require veterans to carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540 million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained. "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It doesn't compute."

"I thought these were people who were proud to sacrifice for their country," Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for blood, just money.. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

How in the world did a person with this mindset become our leader?

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice.

If he thinks he will ever get another vote from an Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard service member or veteran of a military service he ought to think it over... If you or a family member is or has served their country, please pass this to them.

So he thinks vets should pay for their own health care but the rest of us should pay for deadbeat illegal immigrants on welfare. I have NOT liked certain Presidents before but this guy really has something wrong with his head..

I'm sorry for throwing out there a political statement but this one was making me crazy.

Uncle Billy

Regardless of my or your opinion about him, I really don't see him being dumb enough to say the quotes above.

I agree with Teri. Making that kind of statenment would be political suicide for anyone.Also, as bad as you might find him, I don't beleive that even he would have that opinion about our military men and women.

Like John said, don't believe everything you see on snopes. They are lead by a VERY left leaning couple who won't say anything bad about the Pres. or Dumb-o-crats. I'll never go by what they say ever again.:angry:

didn't know that about Snopes,.....just assumed they were the quintessential neutral and unbiased, truthometer of the internet...LOL

ohwell....learn something new every day!!:rolleyes:

There is "some" truth to the fact that Obama has tried in several small ways (some with not so sm,all impacts) to "mess" with Veterans health care. In particular he (his administration) had proposed that Veterans with private coverage file claims with their private carriers first before seeking care/payment from the VA and/or to allow the VA to file claims against Veteran's private insurance for care provided at Veterans Hospitals and linics.

Also, Vetyerans Tri-Care benefits will be altered by "Obamacare" (cost Veterans more in Co-pays, etc.

So, while he is not "as bad" as described in the original post...he is still "anti-military/veteran in his policies. And, if he didn't say it... he is probably thinking it!

Latest posts

Back