Happy New Year

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Wanting to wish everyone a very safe New Year's Eve and a very Happy New Year! Here's hoping 2015 will be a good one.

Reactions: cq
Happy New Year to you too! My holidays started rough. Christmas Eve I came down with the flu and can you believe I'm still coughing and have the sinus congestion? It's been 2 1/2 weeks! Ridiculous! Hoping the rest of the year is healthy!

My rough spot will be next week. #14 is making me nervous for some reason - oh well. At least this year I made a vow to pay off all but 1 of my bills (except the house and boat), wife does the house (so far) but think she's retiring after my surgery. So by the end of the year, I'll be whacking on my boat and get it paid off in 2016, then we'll see how long I can use it or sell it (Pontoon boat first). Course I'm thinking of removing the motor from the pontoon boat, its a 2012 60hp 4 stroke - boat is a rebuilt 93 Voyager 20ft (had new everything back in 2008 except for new console in 2012, , new gauges along wtih smartcraft gauge and motor). Sure gonna hate to sell the bass boat, but if I can't use it by myself, what's the point in keeping it and the wife having to sell it later. BUT HEY, lets go FISHING - buts lets wait till this frigid cold snap goes away (like late April LOL)

@AirForce that is awesome and very commendable! My wife and I have her grad school loan, a truck, car and house to pay off. We don't carry any revolving debt really. We pay all of our bills on a high end rewards credit card and pay it off every month. It nets us a few grand a year in cash rewards. We really want to get the car and truck paid off, although the interest rates are under 4% on both (2.9% and 3.5%). Then we'd have the house and finishing up her grad school loans (which are both low interests as well). I was fortunate to have had an employer that paid for all of my undergrad and graduate degree program...100%! So I graduated debt free from that mess. I feel for young adults wanting to go to college. You either go to college so you can have any resemblance of a future, but come out so far in debt that your future is in bondage until you're 40 years old or older! Very sad.

Anyway... I would definitely take you up on your fishing offer. I come through/around/nearby Smyrna, TN a few times a year. Usually when I'm taking some tactical gun training over in Camden or heading to NashVegas to visit some friends.

NashVegas, not the first time I've heard that. But still don't have a clue what it refers to (other than Nashville maybe?) I love fishing out of West Fork creek area, still haven't fished all the spots I want to try though. So far it hasn't been that productive for me like Joe Wheeler (between Athens & Florence AL) has bee (Wheeler Lake/Wilson Lake)

Yeah... NashVegas is Nashville. It's turning more and more into a Vegas type place than what I used to remember back in the 90's as Nashville.

@AirForce, have you ever fished Kentucky Lake there in Central Tennessee?

wife & I wanted to but it never materialized. All the health issues got in the way.

There was one spot but since I'd have to take the pontoon boat which is something I'll have to see if that'll work. After reviewing KY Lake areas it can't beat Joe Wheeler for both handicap accommodations and fishing. View up there in KY was cool but it was just lacking in the main areas wife and I need.

Ah... I only know of that lake what I saw of it as I drove across it on my way outside of Nashville. It was gorgeous country.

I've now sold the pontoon boat to my best friend who made the handicap railing for my bass boat, so that takes care of that. Wife can't go fishing with me now (she ALWAYS catches the first one if she wets a line). I'm anxious to go fishing down in south Louisiana myself. Now if you're game for going there, I'm got some good spots and some good eating too. Plus there if you hang one, it'll be like catching a stripper every time (course I've never caught a stripper, a striper once, buts that's another story) :cool: Now I'm talking a weeks (7 days total) trip.

Latest posts

Back