Guest 2620

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris F.

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a bad battery show a green light on their charger? I had a bad battery show a green light on my guest 2620. I purchased a new battery and hooked it up and it also had a green light on the charger,( I figured it would need some charging right off the store shelf).

Is there a good way to test the charger at home to see if it working properly?

Chris F.

Is it a trickle charger? Mine shows green when it is on. Orange when charging and red if battery is bad.

I would guess that your new battery was fully charged off the shelf but as SueD used to say...a green light can also indicate a bad battery since the battery wont take a charge and the charger thinks it is fully charged. Run the battery for a day then re-check on your charger. My charger would show red lights after a hard day, then switch to red/green when nearly charged, then go to green when fully charged and in maintenance mode.

TOXIC

Check the inline fuse too on the charger, i have had the holder come apart and it will also show green on the charger.

To test the charger, plug it into 110, disconnect it from the battery and connect it to a volt meter. You should get between 13.1 and 13.6 VDC with a green light on.

If the charger is working, hook it back up to the battery and plug in the charger. Leave it plugged in for 30 min, then unplug and immediately plug it back in. The charger will look for a battery and the small charge provided by the float mode should allow the charger to 'see" the battery and begin the charge cycle.

Latest posts

Back