Greg D..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L.

Reaction score
I should be up there a day or two after Memorial day. I know I just usually catch the very end of the good fishing.

The people I visit up there have a place on Winnipesaukee where we stay. They just got their boat in the water last weekend as they said ice out was 3 weeks later than normal this year. They troll for trout and salmon and got into their first fish on their 4th evening out. Normally they get their first fish the first week of April.

I hope the colder water stalls the spawn just a bit so we can hit some better fish while up there. It'll be here soon! Bet you can't wait to get out!

Mike,

There will still be fish there regardless after Memorial day. Normally they are there until mid June. If they are gone post spawn is in my opinion the best time to fish them, its on fire from mid June till July.

Hey Jim B and Greg - let me know if you are going to hit Winnisquam and Newfound this year and if so, when you are going to go. I may try to go up in 3 weeks just to see how things are looking.

Greg - I went a little crazy this year and got myself a few flyrods for fishing for stripers and am definitely going to give it a try so if you want to go, let me know. We can talk during the spawn about that.

Bill, the MadKayaker

mik,

The long winter and cold rainy spring will certainly hold the spawn off to at least/late mid May. i haven't even been out yet. Boat is at the shop for a couple of minor issues. Hope to be on the water by next weekend.

I agree with Jim regarding Newfound post spawn, That Lake is on fire until the heat of July really starts to warm up.

Let us know when youll be in the area. i ll give you what info i have on the spawn and where their at.

Bill,

i am definitely interested in Stripers on the Fly. Lets try to make it happen!

We should all try to get together at Newfound or Winnisquam again this year. Maybe the rain will hold off and we can do lunch.

GregD

GregD - Sounds like a plan. Just came back from fishing the Charles River and the water temp was 61 degrees and saw three bass fanning beds. Most were still staging. I think it might be early this year up at Winnisquam if the temps continue to stay warm through the next few weeks. Looking forward to seeing you and Jim B in another 3 - 6 weeks!

I will check out striper fishing for end of may / mid-june and let you know what I find.

Bill, the MadKayaker

Back