GPS for Autos

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good GPS for the car? I can't get out of my driveway without one and my new Nissan doesn't have one.

I had a TomTom from like 4 years ago that I thought I could use but the map updates would cost me $70 and I lost the windshield mount. I only paid $99 for it so I figure better to buy a new one. What a rip off.

BPS has a Magellan 3045 with free Lifetime map updates (definite requirement as it is BS to charge that much) on sale for $129 (reg $200). Under $200 is about the price I am looking for.

I have an iphone 4 and can get mapping on that but as much as I travel I would rather have a dedicated GPS.

We have Magellan unts in all of our trucks and service vehicles... Adequate without a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles... and they have enough "extras" that I haven't felt the need to buy anything bettr

Garmin nuvi is also a good gps and worth the look. The 265 has built in bluetooth, or the 255 without, are both great. Took me from my home in west-central Canada all the way to Kansas City to pick up my nitro 288 in October. Lifetime map updates and great choice of views. Definitely worth the $100 they sometimes go on sale for. Happy shopping

My "talkin box" as my daughter calls it, is a Nuvi as well. I got the big screen with all of the add-on's. Shows me interchanges, delay traffic, lane choices etc. I really like it. Gave my old one to the wife:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Wife has the wide screen Nuvi and loves it. Though to CQ my android phone has it just as good and if you are already paying the service/data plan per month on a national data plan you are in like flynn!!

I use my DROID X with no problems!

A TomTom One XL is what I've had in the truck for the several years. ($69 Amazon) I've been getting the updates and paying the $39.95 a year for maps and have been satisfied. I will not be buying any more updates for it. Now that I have this Droid Incredible, they are obsolete and overpriced.

I see several of you have the Nuvi. What model?

I have the Garmin Nuvi 205 and it has worked well for me. It is plain jane without the bells and whistles, but works great for what it is intended.

I have a Nuvi also, with the 'Traffic Alert' (which doesn't cost any montly $$ to use). I'll go check the model number, but certainly mine is at least 18 months old - so model may not be helpful. I have the 765, which has the traffic and turn-by-turn voice prompts.

The NUVI's, are great in many ways. I love that it brings up a 'preview of the lane that you need to be in' on an unfamilar interchange. It is really slick.

Tex

Can you get em with a mans voice? "TURN RIGHT NOW $#!&HEAD!!!"

Better yet the Marine Corp Version. "TURN RIGHT NOW U F&@%in JARHEAD"

Navy version "HARD TO STARBOARD #$%$%*@ole

Airface version. Turn Right but happy hour isn't over yet!

Army. "What the Right??''

SEAL version: "Say hello to Allah",..(BOOOOM)..your vehicle blows up!!:blink::D

Latest posts

Back