Going to the big show!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well it's been a LONG time coming, but after getting on the NY TBF state team and fishing the regional championship on Winnie this week, I am the NY TBF state champion and headed to Branson MO on Bull Shoals in April for the 2009 TBF National Championship as a boater.

I really need to thank everyone that has supported and prayed for me, my wife who has never lost faith in me, my mom for fronting the expense money, Buzz for always being there to lend a hand, tackle, or a boat (LOL) and of course God. I have no doubt at all that he had everything to do with me making it.

Then to add to the spice, on my way home last night, a buddy who is coordinating the BFL super on Champlain this weekend calls me up on my way home and asked me if I wanted to fish. I didn't have the entry, so my TBF state club picked it up if I split any winnings. If I have a strong finish, (and I should) then I can go on to THAT regional championship next month in Elizabeth City, NC and a shot at a new Ranger, Chevy truck, and a berth to the 2009 BFL All American.

Story sound a little familiar Greg??? ;)

I have won 2 gold medals in fishing events this year, a 12th place finish in my first BFL, now a state championship, and possibly on my way to the All American as well as the TBF national. Funny what a LOT of prayer, and a little perseverence can do huh? And since today got cancelled due to high winds, tomorrow is all or nothing, and I'm running on empty.....so I'm going to bed!

Tox,

It SHOULD be a bed/sight fishing bonanza. Right up my alley! Big fish and a predominantly flippin pattern. Just what this yankee loves doing in the spring, other than jerking or grubbin for pig smallies. :lol:

If anyone has any helpful info or tips, I'm all ears.

WoW, way to go Rob..I can't do much to help but send warm wishes and to keep good thoughts. Give em heck Lamoy!!!

Uncle Billy

That is great news. Congrats... I know you have it in you to get to your goals...:D

Awesome deal Rob. It was great talking to you yesterday on the water. I take it the fishing got better for you?

Way to go Rob. We have faith in you. Best of all wishes.

Mike Grandick

aka

fatrap

Congrats Rob - if you are ever over to my side of the lake look me up as I am living up here full time.

Congrats, that's a hard tournament to make. I wish I could help, but I'm just learning about the Ozark lakes myself.

Good luck on the BFL, those regionals are tough.

Congrats Rob!Stay winthin yourself and good luck!

Jim - yeah, it got much better. I culled 3 times.

Doug - I stopped by a month ago but it didn't look like anyone was home.

I took 7th yesterday in the BFL and thought I had big bass with a 5.2 but then the 5.4, 5.7, and 6.10 came in.....:(

I was in 56th for points and moved up to.......42! 2 spots out of the regional. And I only fished 3 of 5 tourneys. 12th in the 1st, 40 something in the next and 7th yesterday. And from what I hear, they don't back fill if guys don't go. That's ok, I don't really have the funds to go next month anyway. And I need to focus on Bull Shoals.

Thanks again guys.

In the past they have tried to fill spots going down the list, but they might have changed it.

Congrats anyway on a top ten!

Latest posts

Back