Glue a Two Piece ROD

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Anybody ever glue a two piece rod together, I have a couple two piece rods that I like but would prefer not adjusting them every 10 or so hard casts, any suggestions what to use.

I don't use two piece rods anymore for that reason. My older glass rod that I couldn't seem to get rid of I held it together with good electrical tape:)

I would think that just a single drop of super glue would hold it in place while fishing but you could still seperate the two pieces if you wanted.

Harpo

I have glued all my two piece rods toghther since my niece like to cast the 2nd pice, i used some super glue and it has never come loose.

mike

CJL if you want to permantly glue them together use some Devcon 2 ton epoxy. You can get it a Wally World for about 2 bucks. If you have any leftover you can clearcoat you crankbaits and painted jigs and spinnerbaits. If you wanna get real fancy you can add gliter to it and make some custom lures. One other tip buy a pack of the .99 cent paintbrushes so you can throw them away when done.

If you try the Devcon on your lures, the warmer it is the easier it spreads. And make sure you get the slow curing 2 Ton and not the qucik drying. The quick drying will trun yellow after some time in the sun.

Donnie

Chris -

After asking the same question here a couple of years ago..... I did it to a light casting rod I had or used to have - I don't know what I did with it. I just used some clear silicone cement I had sitting around - figured it might be good to have some flexibility. It worked just fine!

me!

Be carefull,I super glued a two piece rod and the glue set instantly and I didn't have the guides lined up-ooops.

J.B. Weld, works great. I hate 2 piece rods too.

Latest posts

Back