Getting on plane slowly

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2009 Nitro 750 with a 90hp 2009 mercury and I absolutly love it. Only issue I've noticed is its alittle slow to get on plane, only on the first attepmt. Any other time I fire it up and go, it gets on plane like that. I was wondering if anybody else has had this issue and if so, possibly what could be wrong. This is my first time owning a boat, I wasn't sure if this is normal or something ain't running right. Thanks for the input.

Sam

If it only happens the "first" time, it is most likely because you are either excessively choking the motor {rich / stumble} or not enough, {lean / sneeze / hesitation}. My bet is lean.....allow more time to warm up, be sure the primer bulb is firm before starting. ;)

One other possibility that I've experienced with my 750/90 combo. Generally, when I don't get that first of the morning trim just right before stepping on the gas, there is a bit of a planing problem. After that, I've got it just about dead on for successive takeoffs.

Latest posts

Back