Ford Expedition opinion

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VA Chris

Reaction score
Hey Gang, my Dad passed away last year and his wife is now looking to sell his 2003 XLT,5.4liter,4wd Expedition. I was looking for a new pickup but cant really afford one so I was thinking about purchasing this from her for a fair price. I would be towing my boat(Fish and ski) and pop-up which I am sure it will do fine with, but I am wondering about my two horse trailer loaded with, you guessed it,two horses. What do you think? Anyone have any comments on this regarding towing and reliability?

It will do the job and they are holding there value.....

A two horse trailer (6K lbs. +/-) will probably put you close to your max. combined pkg. tow limit, I'm guessing. I think it'll do it, but I sure wouldn't want to do it a lot. Good luck. ;)

Thanks guys

@ Dan J.

I would not be doing it a lot; mainly local runs to the vet and local trail riding areas once in a while.

still looking for opinions

I have a 2009 Ford Expedition (5.4 V8) EL 4X4 and love it. I tow a 20ft Hawk bass boat with tandum trailer and the Expedition does great. I also tow a 35 hp Mahindra (4500 lbs) tractor and heavy duty 20 ft. trailer and the vehicle performs well. I would recommend trailer brakes for the horse trailer for safety purposes. The 4 wheel drive has been put to use this winter here in Oklahoma and I have been very impressed. Gilly

Latest posts

Back